Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
People, I just saw this over on the "Insider" and I know there's a bunch of you that qualify for these. So I cut/pasted the post from there.......

"smart USA Insider is happy to introduce profile badges on our network. Drivers will be awarded different icons for specific achievements! Because the badge lives on your profile photo, everyone will know what you’ve accomplished.

The first badge we are releasing is the “100K” badge. It honors our drivers who have reached 100K miles with their smart.

Message us (sUSAi Admin's Page - smart USA insider) with a photo of your odometer proving you’ve reached this milestone, and we’ll add the badge to your profile. Who’ll be first to show off their achievement?"

(Maybe M-B should supply real badges for the 100K mile club.....)

Who will be the first to say "WE DON"T NEED NO STINKIN" BADGES" ??

·
Registered
787 Posts
profile, schmofile. I would want an actual badge (with an aroma reservoir for the "stinking oil") to attach to the grill of my smart.

·
Premium Member
7,594 Posts

WOW, a sheriff's badge with a chicken head? DVI art department worked overtime on that one . . .

Don't think this should be confused with a true MB Program.

MB Award Milestones
155,000 miles (250,000 kilometers)
312,000 miles (500,000 kilometers )
466,000 miles (750,000 kilometers )
625,000 miles (1,000,000 kilometers)
1,000,000 miles (1,610,000 kilometers)

It would appear it is not a smart program but rather soley for the entertainment of sUSAi Members.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts

WOW, a sheriff's badge with a chicken head? DVI art department worked overtime on that one . . .
This is a quote I just received from Larry, he had to be committed due to walking in the sun too much on days his smart broke. He said, "Each point on the badge represents a $1000 part that goes bad over each 100,000 miles driven. (200,000k gets a 12 point star). The color gold was chosen because it is associated with lot source s of money.".

The above paragraph is pure fiction. :p :D

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
MB has had an official badge program for many years. Maybe the smart now qualifies since it was brought "in-house". Only problem is that first badge does not start until 250 Kms (abt 155+K miles). I have one on my 1977 W123 230.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I was told that I'd get a 250km badge from Mercedes. I'm just shy of that now, with 148,000+ miles. Just about 7,000 miles to go.

My Smart center was working on getting me a 100,000 mile badge, but I didn't nag them, and I guess they forgot.

·
Super Moderator
28,295 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts