Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

$100,000 can buy many things: a brand new sports car, a boat, or a ridiculously luxurious vacation, just to name a few. But if you already have a new Audi in your driveway, a yacht at the marina, and just got back from a trip around the world, perhaps you'd rather drop your cold hard cash on a limited edition iridium razor. The pricey item is crafted by Zafirro, a company which seems to have just one product in its lineup, and just 99 of the "Zafirro Iridium" razors will be made.

The handle of the razor is made entirely of iridium, an extremely scarce and expensive metal that is so dense it could survive a drop into molten lava. Most iridium that appears on Earth is the result of crashed meteorites. The blades of the beast are made from artificially grown sapphire, making them hypoallergenic, not to mention many orders of magnitude sharper than your average Bic. The company boasts a 10-year blade life, and backs it up with free sharpening for a decade if the razor ever dulls.

The Zafirro Iridium, while promising "generations" of enjoyable use, is clearly made for the millionaire who already has everything. The company says the upgrade from a traditional razor to the $100,000 model is like changing from a CB radio to an iPhone, but unless your morning shave takes place at the mouth of a volcano, we're not sure it's worth it.

Source

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's another article about it:

So what does a man who already has everything, buy for himself? How about a unique razor whose manufacturer says is like making the leap from a CB radio to an iPhone. That’s probably because this unique razor is made from the rarest, strongest and the most technically advanced materials known to man. One of which is iridium, which gives the razor its name.

Iridium is the second densest element, the most corrosion-resistant metal and is ten times more rare than platinum because the element is mainly derived from meteorites. Iridium is durable even when exposed to temperatures as high as 3600 degrees Fahrenheit which is probably why it is commonly used in rocket engine components. The razor’s handle is made of 99.95% iridium which may be a bit of an overkill considering the hot water it will be exposed to won’t be any higher that 185 degrees Fahrenheit. Nevertheless, if you shave near a lava flow you’ll be covered.

In addition to its iridium handle, the razor comes with pure sapphire blades which are resistant to oxidation and corrosion, hypoallergenic and more durable than any other shaving blade. The sapphire blade is also extremely sharp with a blade edge that is 5000 times thinner than a human hair. The razor’s manufacturer, Zafirro, will service, clean and resharpen the razor as necessary for a period of ten years. The razor’s handle and sapphire blades are complimented by 99.5% pure platinum screws which offer a purity greater than most expensive jewelery.

Due to the limited supply of iridium, Zaffiro has limited manufacturing of the Iridium razors to only 99. That’s probably a good number since a lot of people would probably take a pass on the Iridum razor after seeing its price. After all, there’s not a lot of folks who would be willing to spend $100,000 on a razor.
Source

·
17,363 Posts
It better provide the best dayum shave in the world...Or at least cut your face clean off...

Hmmm...I have quite a good idea that goes along with this... :naughty:

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
100 Grand would buy a heck of a lot of BIC disposables.

I hope to gawd that if I were rich, I wouldn't become STUPID enough to buy something like this.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
think of all the stuff you would keep out of the land fills with that one razor.
I agree, absolutely. I don't usually use disposables. I avoid the waste with a slightly less expensive electric shaver (less than $100K, that is). Yeah, it uses electricity, but not much, especially when you only use it a couple times a week, LOL.

D

·
0 Posts
Why a razor? You would think they would try to maximize their profits making cufflinks out of their iridium, like people tend to do with mammoth ivory.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Thank goodness being hairless runs in my family, no hair on these gams, yet I still shave them once a year on new years...lol

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Lol, at first I saw the yellow bird avatar above and began to read your post, and I thought what the...... why does Neon shave his legs on new years?????!!!!! Then I saw it was YOU, Geek girl! Lucky you!
Glad to know Neon was not revealing another closely kept secret of the gamly kind.
I'm afraid I'm beginning to resemble the antique of a woman that we were following through a parking lot this morning, when she decided to stop driving and look through her purse. After all we were following behind her and not in her direct field of view. :D

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Lol, at first I saw the yellow bird avatar above and began to read your post, and I thought what the...... why does Neon shave his legs on new years?????!!!!! Then I saw it was YOU, Geek girl! Lucky you!
Glad to know Neon was not revealing another closely kept secret of the gamly kind.
I'm afraid I'm beginning to resemble the antique of a woman that we were following through a parking lot this morning, when she decided to stop driving and look through her purse. After all we were following behind her and not in her direct field of view. :D
Funny thing when I was young I always wanted to shave, it was not till I looked at my dad that I noticed he did not have 1hair on his legs or arms, so I feel lucky.
I see some poor woman that have so much facial hair it's sad......

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
10 year warranty!

Sounds like a Chevy Volt battery pack...hee hee.

$23, nuclear-powered Norelco electric from Wally World, here. The whole thing was $8 LESS than just new blades for the old one! Nuclear powered, better than batteries, I'm shaved and on my way before this billionaire gets his lather applied.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts