Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started with 12 of these "10th Anniversary Edition" models. We're now down to only four left. The paint on them is stunning, definitely Mercedes-Benz level paint quality. This color paint only comes equipped with the 10th Anniversary models.:nerd:

smart 10th Anniversary Edition

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is there anything other than the paint that makes them special? I’m sure it’s a fine paint job but luxury muted sedan colors don’t look right on a Smart car in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anythimg other than the paint that makes them special? I’m sure it’s a fine paint job but luxury muted sedan colors don’t look right on a Smart car in my opinion.

Bragging rights, just like any special edition car.

10th Anniversary Editions were limited in supply. The paint job is exclusive to the model, no other smarts get the paint. There's 10th Anniversary badging in the car. They have a unique matte finish on the BRABUS wheels.

·
Registered
624 Posts
10th Anniversary coupe in Chicago as well ...

Just got mine -- beautiful car, unbelievable lease (opted for a single payment -- 3 year; 22,500 total miles) this is our 3rd (and probably final) smart and certainly the best one so far. have been away from the forum for quite awhile as the 2nd smart ('14 Cabrio) was pretty much the wife's car ... this one will be as well but plan to drive it at least once a week. This also happens to be our 4th EV (Nissan LEAF, VW e-Golf and a Tesla). As we already had L2 240V charging set up in our garage and with how low the miles were on the '14 Cabrio it just made more sense the more we thought about it (plus of course, it takes no more space than the car it replaced). With how fast EV tech is changing, leasing EV's (excluding Tesla's) is pretty much the way to go, plus didn't care for the limited (8yr - 62K mi) battery warranty so with leasing will let the next owner worry about that. Have seen about 80 to 85 miles range in the 'burbs so far but expect far less in the winter months (wife's commute is limited -- mine is 52 miles so will avoid the smart on the coldest days), love the extra space inside, smoother ride and of course 'seamless' shifts -- the luster of this Sapphire dark blue along with Brabus wheels is a real head turner -- if you haven't already check them out !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correction: We started with *13* of them.

3 left!

They are pricey compared to the standard pure coupes though. :crying:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts