Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck is a 1173er? I believe it has something to do with a 2007 pre-order for the US market 451. Can someone please tell me what it actually means?

For the record, I put a $500 deposit on my first smart in July 2002. Got it 2.4 years later!

·
Super Moderator
29,021 Posts
1173 was the number for the first batch of reservations going to people who had initially put down $99 in 2007. They were first to receive their 2008 smarts in January of that year. :)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
1173 was the number for the first batch of reservations going to people who had initially put down $99 in 2007. They were first to receive their 2008 smarts in January of that year. :)

Woohoo, I‘m an 1173! I rehearsed my order for many days, so that I could get it into the system by 9:01 AM on Day 1. I took the first delivery in San Diego, beating out one less-fortunate guy by about 20 minutes. (He probably hasn’t forgiven me yet for getting there first.)

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
I’m trying to remember how many months it took to order one. We were at the beach, in Laguna California, July 2008. Aristocrat Motors here, call us. Told us our car came in. The test drive of the smart car, was in October 2007. I don’t remember if I order the car before, or after the test drive. When you put your 99 bucks down. How many months did it take to get one.

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
I remember the same period of time. We were in San Diego, at Comie Con, Saw a red and silver down town. Outside Beverly Hills Motors there. The was a new 451, wrapped in brown. It had lettering on it, for a Chocolate store there. Inside Beverly Motors there was a 450, and 2 Roadsters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts