Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
People that aren't into cars? dont know, but a useless survey if they dont show what kind of people participated in voting.

But exotic car owners say different about the smart, could care less what anyone else thinks. The smart is the coolest little car in the world. In a way its a toy, but its very practical. It has a unique design and is not ugly in any way, it is what it is just like any other car except its half the size. And it may just offer the funnest driving experience out of any car.

...although those hubcaps have never been appealing...

·
17,360 Posts
You know what they say, a man's car and a man's package size (I'm totally talking about logistics) are an inverse relationship. :wink:

·
Registered
289 Posts
There are several cars in that list that I'd be proud to drive - including the smart fortwo! It is sad if people allow their choices to be swayed by this nonsense!

·
Registered
106 Posts
When will the American people come to the realization that BIGGER is not always better? Everything has it's' purpose. A single person driving 100 miles a day @ consistent 38 mpg with a briefcase does not need a luxury sedan, unless your wallet is bigger than your ego! OR, you're not paying for your own gas!
You wouldn't buy a Mack truck to run to the store for a gallon of milk...would you? Let's be practical, I own a four wheel drive vehicle that I use for pulling a trailer and for those bad snow days, and filling the gas tank is very wallet wrenching after driving our Smarts for MOST of our travels. My gas money savings bought our last Smart. Laugh all you want I say! People laughed at me in the 60's & 70's when I owned VW Bugs! If MB would have an aggressive marketing campaign and dealer network, they would be everywhere. Only now are we seeing half page newspaper ads for the Smart.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Haven't heard from you in a while KRA. Back in the USA?
Yeah, I was super busy packing my house, having farewell dinners with all my friends and co-workers. I shipped 21 boxes back to the states; I had to pack up my bicycles (bringing those with me me on the airplane went up to nearly $360 bucks!), clean up the apartment and I just rolled into town yesterday. First thing I did was buy some socks, because I didn't even have room for those! then I bought some good rye bread, and some good cheese (two things you can't get in Korea!)! Then I've just been chilling out with family. It's good to be back! I never thought that initial 1 year contract would stretch into 6 years! I'm taking a few week vacation and then I'll go to work somewhere, and hopefully get cracking on the Buckland B3!:wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts