Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think I have an idea about utilizing an AGM battery. The battery type, doesn't matter, as far as I would understand. But what does matter is the size in Amp Hours. The battery needs to have enough amp hours of energy storage that will allow the car to use an amount of power for accessories, to include the heater while being rejuvenated.
Things needing to know for minimal sizing is; what is the maximum draw for accessories and what is the recharge rate for the battery from alternator and traction battery.
Anyone have that information or any more information to offer concerning sizing the right AGM battery to install?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think I have an idea about utilizing an AGM battery. The battery type, doesn't matter, as far as I would understand. But what does matter is the size in Amp Hours. The battery needs to have enough amp hours of energy storage that will allow the car to use an amount of power for accessories, to include the heater while being rejuvenated.
Things needing to know for minimal sizing is; what is the maximum draw for accessories and what is the recharge rate for the battery from alternator and traction battery.
Anyone have that information or any more information to offer concerning sizing the right AGM battery to install?
Hello.
Did you figured it out which brand/auto store is good for new AGM battery?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Seems like the AC Delco battery has been discontinued. Doing some digging same battery as used in 2013 up Chevrolet Spark. Based on research can possibly fit an H4. The bad news is no AGM from searching, the good news is just under $100 for a Champion H4 with 25% off special on Pep Boys .com
Screenshot_20200616-113619.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you
Damn, no room for small car (and parts for them) here in America...
I was looking for this one (the one selected by Pepboy for 2014 fortwo)

H4 and T4 batteries are different I am guessing? (nothing about the sizes on pepboy's website)
And do you believe it's ok to use that instead a OEM one? (double the price for the same kind of product...)

·
Super Moderator
28,833 Posts
Why not just use the standard Group 47 451 battery? Is the Pep Boys battery vented? :)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I wouldn't worry about having a Smart battery. A battery is a battery and as far as I know there is no registration to be done. T4 is smaller than H4 from what I can gather:

machenry.com/documents/batteryspecs.pdf

I did find that LN1 is actually a size. Then found an AC Delco 88866037 on Summit Racing that looks like it would ship today meaning still available. Sorry I didn't see that until a few minutes ago...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I asked on another threat also and somebody find the same brand (ACDelco) than you are telling me, no the same reference though

41 - 48 of 48 Posts