Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, originally posted this in the 450 group rather than the 453 group.

I have a 2016 453 Proxy which has been giving me intermittent problems, now fatal, with the 12V outlet at the rear of the center console. Charging my GPS has been sporadic for quite some time now and just a few days ago, as I removed the GPS plug from that socket, the whole innards came out with the plug rather than staying in the console hole. The silver cylinder that makes the ground connection prefers to stay on the plug. More to the point, I now want to get into the console and make repairs, or better yet, improve on the 12V socket placement and quality.

After much peering, prying and pulling it becomes apparent that I have no idea how to proceed with getting the console out so that I can effect repairs. Has anyone had to do console repair? Would certainly appreciate any insight into proper removal techniques.

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, still under warranty. I do, however, want to do the work myself so I can see how to get under the console to put in a better socket...and in a better location. I am admittedly not the least bit fond of having to deal with the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts