Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
13 quarts German Castrol MB-229.5 ($5 per)

$5 per quart, local pickup only (its $8.99 in stores), located in Foxboro, MA, USA

Castrol Syntec 0W-30, also referred to as "German Castrol" because its the only Castrol made in Germany.

Meets the specification of MB-229.5 that Mercedes Benz recommends for the 451 Smart.

I have 13 unopened quarts, though I may decide to hold on to a couple.

All quarts where bottled in 2010/2011

Purchased a few years back at a local store and been kept in a cool and dry bottom floor of our house and out of direct sunlight. My Smart requires much less oil then my previous car, so it will take me way too long to use all this oil (I bought the oil when I had my previous car).

I wont be shipping these out so I will only accept people to pick them up, or driving a very short distance to meet up, but I won't be driving to deliver 1 quart.

·
Banned
682 Posts
Just a suggestion...based on the lack of demand for this item on this forum...you might have better luck listing it on your local Craigslist...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
craigslist, couple other cars forums, an oil forum, ebay, here

Tried it all and getting very very little interest

There use to be such a cult following for this oil and now it seems the only way to get rid of it is to just give it away. Normally the oil sells for $9, and is occasionally on sale for $5 so people wont buy it unless its cheaper then what it occasionally goes for in a half off sale. Maybe they get to the sale and find theres little or no oil left on the shelves. Here I have 13 quarts of a well regarded oil listed at the lowest you can find it and not even 1 person on 5 websites is interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts