Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[DONE] 15" wheel upgrade!

Every day I have to look at these steelies with wheel covers I die a little on the inside. I promised myself I wouldn't go nuts since it's a lease.. but.. but.. :)

I'd obviously kill for a set of Gunmetal 15" Genius Darwins, but I'd be happy with some 9 or 12 spokes.

Basically.. what'cha got? >:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
magn20, I have four 9-spoke passion wheels 5.5" with center caps, no TPMS for sale for $400 if I pay shipping, $300 if you pickup or pay shipping. They are not perfect as they show some wear and tear from the tire shop due to R&R of tires but they look good. Email me and I will send you photos. [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drats. Wish I saw this earlier, I ordered a set of Darwins + tires and TPMS for $825 from DiscountTireDirect yesterday morning and they already shipped.

I've always been impatient, and it usually bites me in the butt.. :(

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
When you get them on your smart you will love them and not look back. And use them up...don't think that just because they look good they can't handle some fun runs or even on the track. That is what I used on track and they pulled my smart around some nice performance Minis in the rain. The extra width in the wheels and tires will help handle crosswinds on the highway and you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
Good looking wheels help make the smart look better and make you look smarter. :)

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,634 Posts
I don't have a Pure, but in my opinion, the stock silver painted wheels look really good without the factory wheel covers....gives it sort of a racy look.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I did something similar with the wheelcovers on my wife's Pure. The only difference was that I left the center portion the factory argent color. I used the plastic dip paint I acquired at Pep Boys in an aerosol can. The paint is holding up well and the brake dust doesn't show.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welp, finally got time to slap the new wheels on, and I have to say... I regret nothing. These are definitely some sharp looking wheels -- and I absolutely love these 195/15/15s. :D

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
They look like they were made specifically for your car. Enjoy them for their looks and function. By now you have probably taken them out on a curvy road to break them in and have found how they make turning easier and going around a turn fast is certainly done with more confidence.
Have fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look like they were made specifically for your car. Enjoy them for their looks and function. By now you have probably taken them out on a curvy road to break them in and have found how they make turning easier and going around a turn fast is certainly done with more confidence.
Have fun.
Oh yea, and then some. The first thing I noticed just driving out of my community was the smoother cruising ride. The OEM donuts (let's be honest, that's what they are.. lol) provide a harsh and unforgiving ride. These Hankook V2 are quiet and smooth. Plus, I don't get that wishy-washy feeling when going into an aggressive turn -- which makes me feel a bit easier about taking on/off-ramps at speed. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts