Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ours has been back to the dealer 4 times now for Freon leaking. Virtually everything in the system has been replaced under warranty.

Hopefully, it will retain it's meager allotment of R-134a, with our legendary 122 degree Summer approaching.

Has anyone else with a 453 had such luck?

S u b R o s a

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Almost 3.5 years with my ‘16 453 and not a single problem with the AC. Would make me wonder if they really know what they are doing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
These cars have really weak ac system in stop in go traffic with anything over 90 degrees it does not cool very well also under heavy load or higher rom the system shuts down to give you that extra ounce of power to accelerate. 122 degree temps good luck with that .... system keeping you cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far, it has held up for a month now. Previously it would lose all the R-134a within a week of service.

It does really well, even in our heat. A whole year without any problem.

I feel the rigid lines running from the compressor to the front were the problem...unseen until the entire bottom was opened and found a leak.

SR

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
After 3+ years of 453 ownership I have absolutely no complaints about the AC in the 453. I have found it capable in all Summer temps we have had and superior to that in the 451 I previously owned. Can’t comment on temps above 100F.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My 2018 EQ handles the Southern Oregon's Summer hot (102*-107*) just fine. I end up turning down the fan and temp once I have cooled the interior down. No complaints...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts