Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just purchased a 2009 Brabus that has a new set of 17" wheels on it. Genius wheels with like new Yokohama tires. Front 195/40R17 Rear 225/35R17. The previous owner put these on along with H&R lowering springs and it looks really good, corners beautifully and is not affected by interstate sidewinds. It also rides like Fred Flintstones car. I feel every bump in the road. I'm 64 and not all that interested in looking good on the road. Comfort is of much more interest to me. I intend to go back to stock springs and tires to make the ride softer around town, which is where I drive the car.

I am interested in trading these wheels and tires for a set of original equipment 15 inch spoked wheels and tires that are in excellent condition. I live in Fredericksburg VA and am not going to ship the wheels anywhere so I'm making this offer to people close enough to come to my house and switch out the wheels.

Yes, I know that original equipment on a Brabus is 15 front and 17 rear but I think 15 in the rear will give me a softer ride.

[/B]GONE.......GONE.........GONE.........GONE

·
Registered
339 Posts
will you please ship them to Minneapolis? I am about to buy a new set but if could save a lot getting a used set I would go that route. Are they black?

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
You can look good with 15" wheels and have the positives of better handling, wind stability, and affordability. I had 15" 15X6.5 Genius wheels on my '09 and they looked great, had the ability to rotate my wheels and tires, and had many choices for affordable tires. The 17's look great and someone will love them but the 15's can look great and give the more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can look good with 15" wheels and have the positives of better handling, wind stability, and affordability. I had 15" 15X6.5 Genius wheels on my '09 and they looked great, had the ability to rotate my wheels and tires, and had many choices for affordable tires. The 17's look great and someone will love them but the 15's can look great and give the more comfortable ride.
Agreed... I had the 17 Darwin's on my cabrio and while they looked great I needed to get some fillings replaced. :D

·
aka 'Red-Devil'
276 Posts
Are these still available? If so, are they the Darwins or Newtons? I'm South of Baltimore and can make the trip down. I have a set of factory rims (staggered front and rear), Black powder coated (small scuff on one rear) with 185s on the rear and stock fronts. I also have a set of 4 Silver rears with stock tires. Let me know and we can discuss what you would prefer.

Would also like to discuss swapping springs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts