Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone, I now have the details for the March event that I spoke of last night. The smart center of Clearwater will be hosting the 1st annual smart car Poker Run on Sunday, March 8th!!! The run will originate from the Clearwater dealership at 9am and this year’s run will benefit the Summer Mull trust. This is a great cause and I hope you can join us!!! J I’m attaching the flyer for the event and here is a story about the little girl that will benefit.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct/29/291342/benefit-tonight-young-survivor-crosstown-crash/

For those who might not remember this is the little girl that lost her mom and was severely injured when a drunk driver drove the wrong way on the Selmon Expressway and hit the van she was riding in head on.

After the poker run, we might meet for lunch at a local restaurant. If you have an idea for a location please let me know. I look forward to seeing everyone there!!!

I can't seem to post a PDF file so here's the link.

http://www.disneyangel.com/suncoastsmarts/images/Smart_PokerRun_final.pdf

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clearwater shares a building with the Pre-owned dealership and shares a spot on the same property that includes the Mercedes Dealership as well as the Infinity dealership... there's one service department that serves all of them.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It just takes time... it's just now that our local dealerships are to the point they can get involved to this extent. There's not much extra money to go around...

·
Registered
973 Posts
Wow, ours is a MB dealership and its like pulling teeth for them to even recognize us. Slowly, but surely they are...
Jediknight,
Don't just wait for the dealer to step up. A lot of them are strapped right now with sales being a little slow. You seem to be doing a nice job of getting a club going-use the club to drive the dealer.

We are having an Orlando event tomorrow that looks like it will be huge. We from the club did the majority of the planning, the promotion and arranged for most of the events, door prizes etc. When the dealer realized we were going to be able to generate a huge attendance they really stepped up. Take the bull by the horns and you will make a believer out of them. It does take some time and a lot of effort but it can be done. We'll post info on our event after it takes place tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.