Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 701 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
is this (topic) where we can suggest something to be included at the Nationals?

if yes, could maybe a local shop set-up a dyno (portable) and attendees could take a run or two? Of course they would pay extra.

if not, sorry - delete my posting.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're fine... I'll bring it up at the next meeting.

·
Super Moderator
28,833 Posts
Discuss away; there's a lot of room to rearrange things in the schedule of events, etc. Just my .02 but what is offered should reflect what the paying customers want; most of the things should interest people coming but the list can always be amended. :)

As for the dyno, where would we find one a smart could turn? :D

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
jwight... when or how will I find if there are others in the PNW who might be interested caravaning?

I have a good idea of my route and my overnight stops, and they are both near smart centers - SLC and DEN.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
We regretfully inform you that Big Panda and Deer 1 will NOT be attending the smart Nationals as we had hoped.

It so happens that our Alaskan Cruise is scheduled to begin the same weekend......:(

·
Super Moderator
28,833 Posts
We regretfully inform you that Big Panda and Deer 1 will NOT be attending the smart Nationals as we had hoped.

It so happens that our Alaskan Cruise is scheduled to begin the same weekend......:(
Very poor planning and lack of clear priorities! :)

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts

You taking your smart along as baggage? Nah, wouldn't be a good idea - no place to get it serviced if you hit a moose...

·
Registered
7,092 Posts

It so happens that our Alaskan Cruise is scheduled to begin the same

weekend......:(

More BBQ for Terry. Who's going to take photo's?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts

Im beginning to beleive BP is afraid to meet most of us.:eek:

No show at the Midwest Rally,
No Show at the Dragon.
No Show at Nationals.

Your record doesn't look good:nono:

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
OK I have a new Topic/Question.

In the Schedule it mentions
4:00PM: Depart Event Site for your Hotel or Campground to prepare for optional Friday night events.
Has a group campground been established? And state parks or anything that can be used?

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts

Hmmmm.... We may have to re-evaluate your SCOA standing Mr. Panda. Even the backwoods hillbillies have made a few smart events... :)

·
Super Moderator
28,833 Posts

In the Schedule it mentions

Has a group campground been established? And state parks or anything that can be used?
Short answer is no; there have been inquiries about RV parks but there are none very close to the hotel or smart center. You can Google RV parks in KC and see the locations. As far as state parks, haven't looked into it.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too lack clear priorities and will be unable to attend. :( I will be coming home from a cruise (the Baltic) with my family (too big of a group to reschedule). I regret that I will miss the event and would have enjoyed meeting other smart folks. I will do my best to attend any other Midwest or Wisconsin events.

·
Super Moderator
28,833 Posts
What? You'd rather go to the Baltics? Isn't Milwaukee in the winter the same thing? :)

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Not at this time... We believe(it's there just not confirmed yet) RV Parking will be available at The Crowne for those towing their smarts in. It's being looked into but right now we're strongly encouraging everyone to stay at the hotel.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
We're planning to attend, even when the due date for our baby is around those days, if he/she wants to come out...well he or she will be born in Kansas City :D, besides, it wouldn't be the first time one of our kids is not born here in town :eek:

1 - 20 of 701 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.