Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everybody. This is Brett Harrison, the Connecticut chapter President.

I would like to formally announce here the first official Connecticut chapter meeting. This meeting will be located at the smart center Fairfield. The time will be April 9th, 2011 at 1:00 P.M.

Please set your clocks and calendar for this event. This will launch our series of meetings and formally create the Connecticut smart club. I hope that you will be able to join us for this event. I will bump this thread as the date approaches to remind you of the time and I will have a blast email sent out to everybody that bought a smart car from the Fairfield dealership to remind them since many Connecticut drivers do not use SCoA or insider.

If any of you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask. I hope you all have a great day and I look forward to seeing you all at the meet.

Sincerely,
Brett Harrison

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Dave,

It's great to hear that you would be willing to make the trip! We would be more than delighted to have you!

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a copy of the blast email sent to two dealerships to blast to people:
Hello fellow smart enthusiast,

I am sending you this email introducing myself. My name is Brett Harrison, President of the newly formed Connecticut smart owner’s chapter. This year, we are going to be meeting and enjoying the fun under the sun for some incredible social events. I hope you can participate in them.
During the month of April, we are planning on kicking off the Connecticut chapter by holding an event at the smart center Fairfield on April 9th at 1:00 P.M. Please feel free to bring your family and tell your friends about this meeting! During this event, we will discuss events that we would like to plan.

What would be ideal would be if we could get possible places to meet and events to attend. The more people who make suggestions, the more options we will have. With people suggesting social meet and greets as well as events in the area they are from, then we meeting in all areas of the state, then the same people would not be making the long drive every time we meet. We can also, as a group, attend some of the regional and national level events that smart owners attend.

I apologize for the short-notice of this email, but we just recently created our group and we look forward to meeting and planning some future events. It would be great if we could have a meet and greet once a month and then as events come up we could also attend those. There would be a great deal of fun to have our smart cars in local parades and events that promote green living. The more we as owners are available to answer questions, the more "truthful information" we can get out. Let us share our enthusiasm with the rest of the state.
I look forward to meeting you. Be safe and enjoy your smart!

Sincerely,
Brett Harrison

P.S.- A link provided here will direct you to our Facebook page where you can discuss and look for upcoming events and will also help you share ideas for us to have a great start for our chapter: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_158399527550516

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Canceled

Hey everybody,

I would like to make a notice that the first chapter meeting is canceled until further notice. Please stay tuned for the official date. We are having a rough start with blast emails and other behind-the-scenes hurdles :(. I apologize for this notice.

Sincerely,
Brett

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey everybody!

Just wanted to let you all know that we are back on schedule for the April 9th event. I hope you guys didn't erase it from your calendars already! Tell your family and friends! :D

Hope to see you all there!

Sincerely,
Brett

·
riding smart
89 Posts
Oh crap, it figures. I'll be leaving CT day after tomorrow to pick up Mom in FL. Prolly won't be back in time...crapola! DANG...

If this date changes, please let me know. I am hoping to return to CT by the 11th. If there is any chance I can make the 9th I will be at the event. Do I need to register? Is there a fee? Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If this date changes, please let me know. I am hoping to return to CT by the 11th. If there is any chance I can make the 9th I will be at the event. Do I need to register? Is there a fee? Let me know, thanks.
I will keep you informed. There is no registration and no fee. :)

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I just wanted to make some adjustments.

Based off of questioning other groups and smart USA, the first official chapter meeting for Connecticut will be May 14th. This is the day right before Mother's day. Also, this will allow time for more blast emails to those that do not use the forums and will give them time to go. April is always a busy month for people and this will allow the busy month to be over. Also, the warmer weather will allow people to fee obligated to come out and join us.

Again, the new date is May 14th. Thank you again! :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'll mark May 14th on my calendar. Smart of Fairfield has the $599/month lease electric Smart coupe. I went by there on a Sunday. I was surprised how stripped the interior was on such an expensive vehicle. Anyway, looking forward to it. :wink:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts