Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in fact, its the first ever 2008 usa silver/black video or photo, that i've seen. it looks great.

desire to have both black and silver tridions, growing. two different looks, on six smart colors, twelve different good looks possible. as discussed before, maybe there is a low cost easy switch tape or decal or poly something that woul allow having both tridion colors.

micronuts good looking draw-in-add of a black tridion on a silver/silver smart photo, looks great indeed in a real life moving video, as evidenced below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jahDcy9x0w

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
oooo mmyyy.
heart pounding...
mouth watering ...

and this silver/black video has the high mileage dream diesel, and wider front and rear 6 spoke pulse dream wheels. clear sharp focus. incredible.
silver/black smart, a first choice contender.

final tridion color decision, rough. best choice, both.
if offered a low cost, easy install/switch/change tape, or decal, to allow either tridion color, ... a best seller.

thank you, micronut.
you frequently come through with something better. this silver/black video, a favorite. thanks..

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm planning to go the other way . . . .

. . . . . Black with Silver Tridion. If the Silver plastic front grill is removable, which is more than likely, I will take it to a friend of mine and have it chrome plated to show up well against the black.

;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Picture of Chrome Trim Kit

Here is a picture of a black smart with the chrome trim kit. This is not a photoshop fake! It was the display model in Albuquerque (and yes, that's me in the passenger seat).

Incidently, two weeks later in Denver, all the chrome was gone and replaced with regular silver to match the tridion.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The chromed out one at Summer Fest in Milwaukee was also a TURBO version. They tried to denie it but I pionted out the intercooler. And then they said it wasn't supposed to be there. The turbo version also has the exhaust outlet on the left side. Non turbo on the right.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, then you'll like this one....
[/URL]
micronut, or anyone,

do you have access to any other similar good, sharp focused, quality 2008 smart videos?
in any colors that look good, especially white/silver/red and/or silver/silver/red coupes or cabrios,
and/or any videos with a pure and/or pure interior?

thank you

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
These United Pictures videos are pretty good quality and show a variety of color combos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTmsOK34kNU
(silver/silver and black/black brabus)
did you notice the dual center exhaust pipes in this barabus video?

very nice looking accessory add on.

how difficult would it be to put those on? just screw on dual chrome exhaust tips to the existing exhaust pipes? or change the pipes?

didn't notice in photos, or at the event: where does the exhaust pipe exit the oem smart vehicle? right or left side? or center?

the video also shows some nice bright hole-ly titanium brake and gas pedals, that look pretty good. an easy install.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Usually exhausts are easy to exchange....just a couple of bolts and cushions. As long as the Mfg. sticks to Smarts config. Some re-arrange the layout for smoother/quicker flow to boost efficiency, mpg and/or hp. I haven't looked at the Fortwo's layout.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The exhaust exits on the right on normally aspirated, on the left on the turbo version. Lots of after market exhausts for the 450. I'm sure there will be for the 451.

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Hey guys, the HTML code is on in here...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_jahDcy9x0w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_jahDcy9x0w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts