Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. is the coin tray removable without taking the console out

2. I could find no screws that holds the console in....how is it removable

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,494 Posts
The front of the console is held in place by one torx screw. Can't remember the size. The rear is secured by Velcro under of the rear section of the console and sticks to the carpet in front of the shifter. You can't see the Velcro until you remove the console.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in the picture I see 3 looks like leds just above the torx screw....what are they, they look like factory

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,494 Posts
That is the older style GoPedal from Smart Madness. When the engine is running, it lights up according to the setting you choose. Thank you for thinking my home made installation looks "factory". I do try for neatness.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is a 451 model (2007-2014) you can consult the tome of knowedge :)
looks like I can get the coin holder out without all that work but just popping the clips on the front. I am going to install 2 or 3 switches/button switch on the front side of the console and just wanted to go thru that opening. 1 switch will to activate a small blower fan to blow cool air into the engine bay when the motor is turned off (for about 15 minutes). The second will be to mute or turn on/off a backup alarm (like trucks). And, another would be a push (momentary on) switch to inject water/alcohol into the air stream after the air filter. This is a long topic but it DOES work and makes a difference with no harm to the motor, I have used this setup many times. If anyone wishes to discuss or ask questions please PM me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Never heard of inject water/alcohol into the air stream after the air filter, give us all the short answer to its advantage.

·
Registered
332 Posts
looks like I can get the coin holder out without all that work but just popping the clips on the front. I am going to install 2 or 3 switches/button switch on the front side of the console and just wanted to go thru that opening. 1 switch will to activate a small blower fan to blow cool air into the engine bay when the motor is turned off (for about 15 minutes). The second will be to mute or turn on/off a backup alarm (like trucks). And, another would be a push (momentary on) switch to inject water/alcohol into the air stream after the air filter. This is a long topic but it DOES work and makes a difference with no harm to the motor, I have used this setup many times. If anyone wishes to discuss or ask questions please PM me.
How about adding a switch to pop the rear hatch?

~toaster

1 - 11 of 11 Posts