Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the round thing for in front of the cup holder? it has a circular center like a tube that is about one to two inches deep and three segments around the center area.

i know there could be a trillion things causing this but thought i'd ask anyway. intermittently when coming to a stop the rpms stay up between 1100 to 1300. i have never waited to see how long it stays there before it will come down. i just put it in N and then it goes to normal idle. it hasn't become a real concern yet.....just trying to be proactive.

thanks for any input guys

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
RPMs could be staying up because the spinning tires are driving the motor and not the motor driving the wheels. or maybe a function of the A/c running. Either way, nothing to worry about.

The round thing is the HVAC unit (I think that is what you are seeing)

·
Registered
900 Posts
what is the round thing for in front of the cup holder? it has a circular center like a tube that is about one to two inches deep and three segments around the center area.

thanks for any input guys
TRobinson6;1443889. Here are some pictures to choose from

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The round hole that you are pointing at in the photo is the power point. The cover is missing which would have identified its purpose. The two V-slots on the center console are for mounting a CD holder, ashtray, or a large oddment holder. These were all 451 accessories that you may be able to find on eBay or order from your smart Center Parts Dept.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Sorry Joe. No offence intended. I should have spent more time reading the posts and realize that you were assisting the OP..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts