1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
I doubt that slim line sub draws, that much power. One sub will do, for such a small car. Why didn’t you get a sound system, that handles Apple car play, and Android auto?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt that slimline sub draws, that much power. One sub will do, for such a small car. Why didn’t you get a sound system, that handles Apple car play, and Android auto?
View attachment 66398
I personally dislike apple and I am trying to use what I have. The stereo is Bluetooth and came with the car when I bought it. The speakers are good, definitely aftermarket. Sound great! Just needs that extra bass.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
I personally dislike apple and I am trying to use what I have. The stereo is Bluetooth and came with the car when I bought it. The speakers are good, definitely aftermarket. Sound great! Just needs that extra bass.
That’s too bad. I love everything Apple makes. As a commercial artist, I made a very probable career. Using the Macintosh since 1984. Retired now, with lots of profit sharing money. My brand new house, we just built, is controlled with my iPad, and iPhone. Smart switches, camera’s, thermostats, garage door opener, oven etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s too bad. I love everything Apple makes. As a commercial artist, I made a very probable career. Using the Macintosh since 1984. Retired now, with lots of profit-sharing money. My brand new house, we just built, is controlled with my iPad, and iPhone. Smart switches, cameras, thermostats, garage door opener, oven, etc.
Good for you then. I have had not great luck with apple products. Broke 2 screens on one phone I had. I'm pretty rough on phones, they always fall out of my pockets. My current phone I have now is a cheaper Samsung. Lasted two years so far with no worse for wear.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
That’s too bad. I love everything Apple makes. As a commercial artist, I made a very probable career. Using the Macintosh since 1984. Retired now, with lots of profit sharing money. My brand new house, we just built, is controlled with my iPad, and iPhone. Smart switches, camera’s, thermostats, garage door opener, oven etc.
Still have a 1984 128k Mac!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think you'll need a thinner sub(s).
From your link: 'Dimensions: 14.17” diameter x 5.7” height. These are the dimensions of the subwoofer, check the measurements of your car."

·
Registered
601 Posts
Bumblebee
Your really only going to need one sub.
I have kenwood’s under seat sub in my 09 cabrio and it does better in it then it did in my Miata.
It fills the car with clean low end.
There is a couple under dash sub options too if you want a 8 inch sub that will hit deep.(likely better then the self powered ones)
Keep in mind the car has a 90amp alternator and the car has a lot electrical draw as it is so I don’t know how much extra output power it has.
The under dash sub option is good for around 300 watts peak depending on the options(from reading the specs)
Jl audio makes one and smart madness sells a sub box both with and without sub.
I know that doesn’t sound like much but in such a small car it will surprise you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bumblebee
Your really only going to need one sub.
I have Kenwood's under-seat sub in my 09 Cabrio and it does better in it than it did in my Miata.
It fills the car with a clean low end.
There is a couple of dash sub-options too if you want an 8-inch sub that will hit deep. (likely better than the self-powered ones)
Keep in mind the car has a 90amp alternator and the car has a many of electrical draws as it is so I don’t know how much extra output power it has.
The under dash sub option is good for around 300 watts peak depending on the options(from reading the specs)
Jl audio makes one and smart madness sells a sub box both with and without sub.
I know that doesn’t sound like much but in such a small car it will surprise you.
Thank you! I have been thinking about putting just one. Reading up on it. Thank you again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts