Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a 200 post limit on threads? I replied to the "Winter is going to be a..." thread but it does not show. My post is 201. Kinda strange. If I try to post it again it says it is a duplicate post.

Does anyone know?

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
It shows fine for me... :wink:

Try to refresh, or reboot your computer?
Obviously there isn't a limit since your have 237 posts and some threads have passed 6,000 responses...

·
Registered
646 Posts
I think something is wonky with the server...or maybe the mods just don't like me.
There are three or four posts I've made in the last 24 hours that have disappeared.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It shows fine for me... :wink:

Try to refresh, or reboot your computer?
Obviously there isn't a limit since your have 237 posts and some threads have passed 6,000 responses...
Paul,
Maybe I did not word it correctly. In the thread that I mentioned "Winter is going to be a..." there are 20 pages of posts (200). I replied, being the 201st post of the thread, but it does not show. It should have went to page 21 but it just ends at 20.

When you say that it shows fine for you, are you saying that if you click on the link in this post that you see a page 21 and my post (#201)?

I have cleared my cache on my browser, tried a completely different browser, rebooted my computer and it still does not show. The strange thing is that if I click on the POST REPLY button at the bottom of the page the Reply to Thread box comes up and if I scroll down to the posts I see my reply at the very top. There must be some kind of limit on threads. Not sure how to get that fixed.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
So I tested the 200 post limit and it posted as number 202! There is no post #201. :p go figure. Mods did you do something? Or was this a glitch?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That thread has outlived its usefulness a long time ago. The 200 limit is a mercy!
I have to disagree. I feel there was a lot of good info in that thread. The preconditioning feature is faulty from the factory. Those that were affected by this were able to test and share findings. It ultimately helped me get mine fixed.

So I tested the 200 post limit and it posted as number 202! There is no post #201. go figure. Mods did you do something? Or was this a glitch?
I still do not see a page 21. It does not go past post 200 for me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I have seen some with over 2k posts. I don't know why this one is being capped.

·
17,350 Posts
JPaul,
Not sure what thread you are talking about. I thought it was clearly stated that we cannot see page 21 on the thread listed previously in this thread.

This THREAD
In your forum options you can set how many posts you can see per page. Maximum is 40 posts per page. That's why JPaul mentioned Page 3. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts