Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a couple of years, my car has stalled VERY randomly—at different speeds, different driving conditions, unknown if during auto or manual shifting. The car just ups and dies COMPLETELY, and the dash lights/indicators all blink and go bonkers, and has done this even at freeway speed in traffic. 😱😱😱 The latest two incidents, on the same day recently, a dash appeared briefly in the area where gear or “A” would appear; first time I’ve ever seen this, and I’ve had the car since 2007.

After I pull over and stop, i can start it up again. My mechanic will likely have no idea of what this is, so I will have to do the research. I can post a video of the dash indicators going bonkers if someone will tell me how to do this.

thanks for any help!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, jwight. I just tried it and it works for me. What kind of error message do you get?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again—turns out Vimeo won’t let me share that without paying. can anyone tell me how I can share a video here. In the meantime, though, any ideas about the random stalling?

·
Registered
12 Posts
For a couple of years, my car has stalled VERY randomly—at different speeds, different driving conditions, unknown if during auto or manual shifting. The car just ups and dies COMPLETELY, and the dash lights/indicators all blink and go bonkers, and has done this even at freeway speed in traffic. 😱😱😱 The latest two incidents, on the same day recently, a dash appeared briefly in the area where gear or “A” would appear; first time I’ve ever seen this, and I’ve had the car since 2007.

After I pull over and stop, i can start it up again. My mechanic will likely have no idea of what this is, so I will have to do the research. I can post a video of the dash indicators going bonkers if someone will tell me how to do this.

thanks for any help!
Check out this video link and see if this helps!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you 4smartdogs! I won’t know if this may the answer until I can get it to my mechanic, but I’ll definitely see that he gets this video. The one big difference between my problem and that in the video is that all of my stalling (as far as I recall) happens while driving. It may have stalled once while I was facing uphill at a stoplight...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts