Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help no one can help me. I've been told since this is a "Gray" cat the dealership sold me, no one has the computer to do the diagnostic. I am so up sad. What can I do? I'll dive and all off a sudden it jumps into neutral:(. I roll over stop the car and start it up again!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Help no one can help me. I've been told since this is a "Gray" cat the dealership sold me, no one has the computer to do the diagnostic. I am so up sad. What can I do? I'll dive and all off a sudden it jumps into neutral:(. I roll over stop the car and start it up again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any issues with motor and transmission mount(s)? It might be throwing off the alignment of the shift actuation. Otherwise, it is designed to kick out of gear if, for many reasons, the trans computer feels remaining in gear may cause transmission or clutch damage. It could be simple, but could be complex. Is the car throwing any check engine lights? You might need to take some initiative and buy a scan tool yourself.

·
Super Moderator
29,029 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! :) Moved to the 450 forums for better exposure. You don't say what part of CO you're in, but try to find a local shop that works on Mercedes products and has a STAR diagnostic computer.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Check for chafed wiring near the intercooler scoop under the car, and the wiring connector to the shifter motors. Also, go to a shop with the smart STAR system and have the clutch actuator function checked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts