Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings All

Last weekend I found out there was a Zap authorized dealer 20 miles from my home http://mcfarlandford.dealerconnection.com/?lang=en and they had 2 new 2006 G&K conversions in stock.

I went back and forth thinking about and decided to go for it, got the home equity loan and now waiting for the check to arrive.

I posted about my indecision and met Ron from http://www.asmartcar.com/ he was a wealth of knowledge and he is selling a used 2005 with 2k miles on it for much less than a new one. Now never having done this before I was a little skittish buying a car sight unseen form a man everyone speaks highly of that as of yet never met, but was feeling better as e-mails went back and forth, THEN.

My local dealer calls me today, tells me he just took 2 back (husband and wife team bought 1 each and now 2 months later they are getting a divorce) and wondered if I wanted to look at them, I of course asked HOW MUCH.

After speaking with the in house tech that seemed to know Smarts and seeing they stock servicing parts I went for it.

I spent $200 more to get from here rather than ASmartCar and will only have a 2 year 10 month warranty (it's balance) as apposed to a 4 year warranty from ASC but I got to kick the tires speak to the tech and know some parts and service is only 20 miles away.

So for you budding Smart enthusiasts if you like I'll post my fun with it here and until you get yours you can live vicariously through my experiences.

OOHH 1 more thing, I called Smart USA, spoke to a nice lady and she said I have my $99 back in 7-10 business days.

I believe I'll be picking the car up Tuesday so that is when all the fun will start.

Pictures to follow:D

AFM

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Congratulations!! :D

Yes, you better stick around with pictures and posting lots of updates!

(but you might have to change you name to either ASmartFineMan or AFineSmartMan? :p :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well

SC

I have had this handle since the beginning of the Internet (DOS version of AOL where they charged you by the hour), even though I have a few other handles, I wanted to post here under a name that (Some) may recognize.

SSOO if you search AFineMan you will see I have been around the block a few times Hee Hee Hee.

And you will see what my other interests are:p

AFM

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided

SC

I took your suggestion to heart and SO now I will be referred to this name (not really to different)

SO AFM went to ASM Of course I am no longer in the top 50 for registration BUT that is OK.

I'll update as things happen

OOHH and when people ask "Why the name change" I'll direct them to you Hee Hee Hee

ASM

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Congrats!

AFineMan, ASmartMan, and also a good man. Very nice emailing you, sir, and I'm glad you're finally in a "smart". Hope we were able to help you in that process. I'm sure your experiences in driving your new smart will mirror those of all other owners. Until you drive a smart, either now or in 2008, you just cannot imagine the thrill you get in that experience... and the unbelievable positive feedback you will get from other drivers and pedestrians. Get ready to enjoy the ride, ASmartMan, and make sure you post those experiences here. It will make the wait much more enjoyable for those on the list for 2008. Feel free to contact us for any concerns or questions on your new purchase that the good folks at McFarland's can't answer.

Ron Gaus, aSmartCar.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts