Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I can not find release levers on my 2006 smart car book says they are in grill but my grill is all closed off with no levers looked all over any hints would be great thanking u in advance john

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thank u for that, I see the brake fluid also do u take cover off to check or is there some place else to look thanking u in advance john

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how does it come off I can not find any locks, or clicks to release it and my mirror doesn't have that nut I see on u tube

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the nut on mirror is to remove front panel and then nuts on door to remove front panel but u are saying I think that I can check them fr where I fill up windshield washer is that correct thanking u in advance for whatever info u may give me

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes, the brake fluid container is on the same side as the washer fluid, and is checkable and refillable through the service grill. The Evilution link that JWight posted above shows and describes exactly how to remove the service grill, and how to check the brake fluid level. Topping it up may require a funnel and a hose, but it is possible to do through the service grill.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello, If you have an older smart for two 06 or earlier, use a flat screw driver in the center of e ach grill under the windshield is a plastic screw, turn it half turn and lift the grill out from the top. then you can check brake fluid or antifreeze,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts