Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Had my smart about 2 months. Getting around 61mpg in town. Its got the 22 liter fuel tank. Gauge comes down alot sooner on the highway. Keep in mind fuel filtee got change week after i got it and maintenence up to date suposedly.

Getting 45mpg on highway. At 120kms mostly. Big difference when driving in town at 61mpg

Any body able to tell me if its normal??

·
17,363 Posts
I find my 450's sweet spot on the highway to be about 100 km/h. After that I start getting diminishing returns on fuel economy. At close to top speed the car seems to be getting 40-45 mpg (US).

Since this is a recently acquired car, make sure you have fresh spark plugs and a fresh engine air filter as well.

·
17,363 Posts
Oof, should have asked if Diesel or Petrol. We don't have many cdi owners here as the US never officially got them.

Forums - Club smart Car
and
https://www.evilution.co.uk

Both will have quicker information for your cdi. Pretty much all of club smart car's members are driving the diesel. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cant sign in at club smart. And evil seems he dont like getting emails from public so.. hopefully someone here can help

·
17,363 Posts
I'll send a message to our Canadian guys as they're the only ones with a diesel here. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts