Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 smart G&K, I have no check engine light on but as it has gotten hotter here in OKLAHOMA she runs like crap. Feels like a misfire.
Any ideas?
19,766 miles.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Really hard to determine with out actually being there... but I would start with fuel. Possibly some bad gas, or a fuel blockage. Also, check the air cleaner, is it clogged.
Look at the spark plug wires, overall condition etc...
After all this, you may need to go to a dealer for a diagnostic check.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really hard to determine with out actually being there... but I would start with fuel. Possibly some bad gas, or a fuel blockage. Also, check the air cleaner, is it clogged.
Look at the spark plug wires, overall condition etc...
After all this, you may need to go to a dealer for a diagnostic check.
Yes absolutely, I have a fresh set of plugs for this weekend and airfilter is new.
I thought maybe cracked manifold would leak at higher boost, but No, it's the heat, even at vacuum she stutters.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ever change the Fuel Filter? I have a G & K Car too (a 2005 Passion I purchased new in 2006). I've learned a lot about ~450 Smarts because I had to.
It wasn't mentioned, but even though there is no check engine light, did you ever have what they call the "3 Bars of Death" showing where your gear indicator would display A for Automatic or a numeral from 1 to 6 displaying the manual mode? That can make one think the engine is running awful when it is actually an interruption between the engine and the transmission due to some wires shorting out because over time a harness of them was rubbing causing the insulation to expose the wires.
When that happened to me, I thought I was sure the engine was having problems. Yet all along it was what I just mentioned.
sykes05

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will order a fuel filter and swap that when I replace my plugs.
The wierd thing is only when it's above 90'.....
This is my 4th turbo charged cars and feels like a boost issue....I scored a tachometer pod and 2 clock pods on eBay, I am converting 1 clock pod to a boost gauge, so when my EU tune comes back I can track stock boost pre tune and post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts