Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I went to do the clutch actuator cleaning and grease. While cleaning I kept noticing little plastic parts. Hmm, not good. What I realized is there is an inside ball and socket. The socket is all broke up. Now I know why I could never adjust the actuator properly. Not with the socket inside moving around.

Anyway, I'm looking for a cheap actuator. The solenoid could be broken on yours as mine works ok.

Let me know and thanks for reading.
Jeff

Nevermind. It's such an important part that I ordered a new one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Wow, was my actuator ever bad. Not only was the ball socket holder broken/totally missing, but the spring was broken. And I've never seen such a dirty part. Everything inside was coated in grime. I was scraping it out of all the spaces in the plastic parts. BTW, this was a used car from Quebec. Now I know why I got it so cheap. I am however enjoying fixing it. This thing is like the cars of old. You can fix everything yourself.

Anyway, if I can find a spring, I will try to design a ball socket holder and print it using ABS or nylon on my 3D printer. If it works out, I'll offer them here for others who run into the same problem as me. Like someone said, pretty bad that a $0.03 part can bring a car to a halt.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I would use Delrin (white) as its much smoother, and durable.. my next choice would be bronze .. but thats me..

steveg. 450 S. Mann cabrio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts