Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2008 Passion (MAXWELL) with about 156,000m started missing the night before last and generally lacked power.
The next day I replaced the iridium plugs. The ignition coils on the middle and right cylinders (2 and 3?) had a good coating of engine oil on them so I replaced all three coils as well.
I hadn't noticed this before I did the work, (it was night and I just parked it) but the exhaust is blowing a lot of white smoke and dripping oil at a good enough rate to pool on my driveway.
I am guessing oil ring/head gasket/stuck valve. In any case, the head has to come off so I am thinking $$$$/
Has anyone had a local ship do this extensive a job?
Has anyone had a replacement motor installed?

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Is your Maxwel, the blue and silver smart. I use to see on my commute on I-35 north, in the morning. There is a foreign car repair shop on Merriam Lane. Yorkies foreign car repair. That might be able to work, on your car. Sounds like it’s going to be a Expensive repair. If it’s really worth fixing. I personally wouldn’t sink money, into a 154K engine. Try and locate a salvage low mileage power plant. Engine transplant.

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
191 Posts
My 2008 had a very similar problem. Simple solution... I turned it into a 2016 Passion.

Gen 3 (453) is sooooo much better car.

Just sayin'

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
R.I.P. MAXWELL smart
Evidently an internal engine failure.
I may start a new thread wanting information about (sniff) salvage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts