Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am the original owner and took possession of the vehicle in April 2008 in Austin, TX. This vehicle continues to serve me from time to time but has become a secondary vehicle that I’d like to sell. Currently registered to Texas but is physically parked in Atlanta, GA right now. If we can come to an agreement of sale, I’m willing to work with you on delivery outside of the actual purchase price.

There are numerous upgrades and modifications since purchase and anyone looking for a ‘regular smart car’ should not read further.

This car was featured in Spy Kids 3:Game Over as a villian car.

From Factory:
  • Auto Sensing Wiper Blades
  • 6-CD Changer
  • Panoramic Roof (currently vinyl wrapped in black by Madness Autoworks)
  • Leather / Heated Seats
  • Front Fog Lamps
Most of the upgrades listed were performed by Madness Autoworks (aka Smart Madness in Los Angeles or Austin) unless otherwise noted. If additional information is needed, let me know but most of it can be pulled from their receipts etc.

This vehicle is obviously sold ‘as-is’ and I do not have any of the original equipment if it was replaced (like the original rims for example).

Exterior:
  • Full Paint matched ground effects / body kit / spoiler by S-Mann
  • Gas Cap Paint Matched
  • Air Intake Scoop - paint matched
  • UK Brabus Headlamp Fixtures (Black)
  • LED headlamp marker bulbs
  • Clear wrap on headlamps
  • HID Headlamp / Ballast Upgrade
  • Aftermarket Short Radio Antenna Stub
  • Genius 17” Staggered Front / Rear Rims
  • Bilstein B14 Coil Over Suspension - Fall 2018 (replaced older coil over installation)
  • Front Vented Disc Brakes
  • New Tires - July 2020
  • Smart Madness Rear Window Grip/Handle
  • Front License plate holder (screws into front tow mount)
Interior:
  • All-Weather Carpet Mats (Rubber)
  • Window Tint (Darkest for Texas)
  • Smart Madness Engine Mount Upgrade
  • Smart Madness Metal Pedal Upgrade (gas and brake)
  • Smart Madness Metal E-Brake Handle
  • Smart Madness Padded Arm Rest
  • Smart Madness ‘Go Pedal’ to change throttle response from accelerator pedal
  • Aftermarket Cruise Control (part of ‘go pedal’)
  • Reus Audio Upgrade Package (8” sub / amp + interior speaker replacements)
  • Speed Force Racing Turbo - Stage 2
  • Speed Force Racing Air to Liquid Cooling - portion of Stage 3 Turbo System
  • Speed Force Racing Bypass wire installed (for Inspection - I have the orig fuel injectors for swap)
  • Speed Force Racing Fuel Mixture Computer - re-tuned in Fall 2015 by system designer “Turbo Tim”
  • Fall 2015 Ignition Coil replacement
  • Keyless Entry / Security System (Smartkey Alibaba ALI-ST800)
  • Battery Bypass switch mounted on battery for longer parking
IMG_3594.jpg IMG_3595.jpeg IMG_3597.jpeg IMG_3604.jpg IMG_3598.jpeg IMG_3608.jpeg IMG_3612.jpeg

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am the original owner and took possession of the vehicle in April 2008 in Austin, TX. This vehicle continues to serve me from time to time but has become a secondary vehicle that I’d like to sell. Currently registered to Texas but is physically parked in Atlanta, GA right now. If we can come to an agreement of sale, I’m willing to work with you on delivery outside of the actual purchase price.

There are numerous upgrades and modifications since purchase and anyone looking for a ‘regular smart car’ should not read further.

This car was featured in Spy Kids 3:Game Over as a villian car.

From Factory:
  • Auto Sensing Wiper Blades
  • 6-CD Changer
  • Panoramic Roof (currently vinyl wrapped in black by Madness Autoworks)
  • Leather / Heated Seats
  • Front Fog Lamps
Most of the upgrades listed were performed by Madness Autoworks (aka Smart Madness in Los Angeles or Austin) unless otherwise noted. If additional information is needed, let me know but most of it can be pulled from their receipts etc.

This vehicle is obviously sold ‘as-is’ and I do not have any of the original equipment if it was replaced (like the original rims for example).

Exterior:
  • Full Paint matched ground effects / body kit / spoiler by S-Mann
  • Gas Cap Paint Matched
  • Air Intake Scoop - paint matched
  • UK Brabus Headlamp Fixtures (Black)
  • LED headlamp marker bulbs
  • Clear wrap on headlamps
  • HID Headlamp / Ballast Upgrade
  • Aftermarket Short Radio Antenna Stub
  • Genius 17” Staggered Front / Rear Rims
  • Bilstein B14 Coil Over Suspension - Fall 2018 (replaced older coil over installation)
  • Front Vented Disc Brakes
  • New Tires - July 2020
  • Smart Madness Rear Window Grip/Handle
  • Front License plate holder (screws into front tow mount)
Interior:
  • All-Weather Carpet Mats (Rubber)
  • Window Tint (Darkest for Texas)
  • Smart Madness Engine Mount Upgrade
  • Smart Madness Metal Pedal Upgrade (gas and brake)
  • Smart Madness Metal E-Brake Handle
  • Smart Madness Padded Arm Rest
  • Smart Madness ‘Go Pedal’ to change throttle response from accelerator pedal
  • Aftermarket Cruise Control (part of ‘go pedal’)
  • Reus Audio Upgrade Package (8” sub / amp + interior speaker replacements)
  • Speed Force Racing Turbo - Stage 2
  • Speed Force Racing Air to Liquid Cooling - portion of Stage 3 Turbo System
  • Speed Force Racing Bypass wire installed (for Inspection - I have the orig fuel injectors for swap)
  • Speed Force Racing Fuel Mixture Computer - re-tuned in Fall 2015 by system designer “Turbo Tim”
  • Fall 2015 Ignition Coil replacement
  • Keyless Entry / Security System (Smartkey Alibaba ALI-ST800)
  • Battery Bypass switch mounted on battery for longer parking
View attachment 64140 View attachment 64141 View attachment 64142 View attachment 64146 View attachment 64143 View attachment 64144 View attachment 64145
I’m interested and not far from Atlanta. My number is (205) 914-4188 please call or text me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, sorry about that. It is currently parked in covered interior storage so I don’t have it in front of me but I’m fairly certain the current mileage is 92,000-ish

The turbo was installed at 29,000 and has been extremely stable. It was re-tuned and checked at 85,000 miles

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
You might want to adjust your selling price. It a nice high mileage car. There is really no $$$ return on modified cars.
Good luck selling it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the feedback. I researched the resale value of this vehicle in various markets prior to posting for sale. I am comfortable with the listing as it stands considering its condition and various modifications.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. I researched the resale value of this vehicle in various markets prior to posting for sale. I am comfortable with the listing as it stands considering its condition and various modifications.
Great car and nice history

The owner has OBO behind his price

If you're serious you can always make them an offer

·
Registered
267 Posts
Car looks good and probably drives like a dream, I haven't heard of too many Smarts with that many miles though and I would be Leary about putting $7000 into it, good luck...

·
Registered
323 Posts
If I was closer I wouldn’t mind this but the price seems a bit much for me.(yes I’ve watched the spy kids movies)
Awesome color btw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ve enjoyed the vehicle over time for sure, I just don’t drive it much now. It’s never really given me any issues. The modifications can be tricky at times but I think the double horsepower is worth it. Also the wider tires seem to make highway speeds more stable

·
Registered
267 Posts
I’ve enjoyed the vehicle over time for sure, I just don’t drive it much now. It’s never really given me any issues. The modifications can be tricky at times but I think the double horsepower is worth it. Also the wider tires seem to make highway speeds more stable
Sorry guys, I bought the car today, super happy with it, thanks Paul for taking the time to show me all the extra features you added to the car. This is my first coupe, I've had 3 Cabrios and was concerned about how this Smart would handle on the Interstate, no worries there, car handled like a dream all the way up to 80 mph. Super stoked to get back into a Smart...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.