Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ‘08 Cabriolet that doesn’t start. I put in a new battery, and the retractable roof went back, when I bumped the key in my pocket. But I can’t get the retractable roof closed, until I get the engine to start. Can I do something to assist it to close, while it doesn’t start?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2008 fortwo Cabriolet that doesn’t start, and replaced car battery. I had key in my pocket, and bumped it, and retracted top back with remote button. Can I retract top closed without the engine starting?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will is close when you insert the key and turn to position 2?
I tried and it didn’t. I bought it used with transmission problems. They said it ran but no reverse. I put in a new battery and no start. I’ve saw on YouTube that when the Transnmission has problems, the car sometimes doesn’t start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will is close when you insert the key and turn to position 2?
I tried and it didn’t. I bought it used with transmission problems. They said it ran but no reverse. I put in a new battery and no start. I’ve saw on YouTube that when the Transnmission has problems, the car sometimes doesn’t start.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Have you tried the transmission relearn procedure?
This site is a wealth of information, I am sure you can find a solution to the problem.
Keep working at it, and keep us posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts