Smart Car of America Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to sell my 2008 passion, has been painted light brown by the previous owner. I have cleared the paint off the panels, still needs work.

I replaced the clutch, pressure plate, clutch release arm, actuator, starter, front brakes, k&n filter, new trans oil, fresh oil change, Roof shade(factory shade was missing) from smart madness. The car is working 99%. Great car now took most of the summer to get it running right and true.

110000 miles, tires were new when I bought the car 3 months ago.

Will come with 4 brand new snow tires and a set of rear summer tires, extra front rotors, parking pawl cable and anything else I have laying around for it.

I upgraded the stereo in the car but never got to installing the new speakers they will be included.

Would like to get $3000, but i'm open to offers!

I lost 60% of my income due to the zombie apocalypse and cant afford the insurance and gas to drive this and pay for a 8 month old jeep.

View attachment 64736

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lowered price, have new swaybar bushings to go into the front swaybar, also replaced the low beam bulbs as the previous owner had installed fog lights, not actual h7's LOL figures.

Started to strip the ugly brown paint of the panels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed, maybe some "pichers" will help...
I'll throw some up after work, its no longer completely diarrhea color, but may take 3 more stripping sessions to make it look normal again. Stupid cheap paint job. They didnt even prep the panels before they painted them LOL.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what I was seeing. I really like the car, it was a basket case 2 months ago. The front end noise was swaybar bushings, 15 minutes and it's solid.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Any codes? What's it look like now, is it back to all yellow or does it still need to be stripped? What's the interior look like, seats, etc?
How reliable has it been? How many miles have you put on it?

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you was closer to me I would be all over this.
I have wanted the yellow panels since I first seen them.
It would be a great backup car looks like.(or main car if need be)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any codes? What's it look like now, is it back to all yellow or does it still need to be stripped? What's the interior look like, seats, etc?
How reliable has it been? How many miles have you put on it?
only code is the abs and a egr valve code. I have had one 0805 but I think it was just me shifting the d to r before I stop completely. all the parts I replaces have less than 3000 miles on them, and when I did the clutch I had the transmission oil changed with royal purple. The interior is good but needs a good detailing at some point. I am just under 3000miles since I got it.

All the panels except the panel over the exhaust has been stripped. The gas filler door is a white one off an ED, the previous owner must have replaced it.

Reliability has been great, I live in the middle of nowhere so have to drive 60+ miles to get to a bestbuy or walmart. 35MPG no oil burning, overheating, or problems of the sort.

I'll try to get more pictures tonight if its not dark by the time I get out of work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you was closer to me I would be all over this.
I have wanted the yellow panels since I first seen them.
It would be a great backup car looks like.(or main car if need be)
Its been a great car, but insurance on my jeep is $101 a month with a $543 payment. Smart car $167 insurance. I save the 167 and it will make the jeep a little more bearable, know what I mean?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You should clean the rest of that nasty paint off you car. Yellow smart cars look really good that color. It would be a lot easy to sell.

View attachment 64757
Check the first post, the only paint left is the cover over the exhaust and the hood. Hood is going to require sanding. You can purchase a yellow hood for around a 100 bucks also.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.