Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and are making some changes and three vehicles just doesn't work very well for us any longer. With both of our parents getting up in age and frequently needing a vehicle that can seat more than two, the smart just doesn't get driven much.

Here's the specs for anyone interested:

2008 smart fortwo passion
- 71,910 miles on the odo, single owner
- Factory A/C, power windows, door locks, etc.
- Factory fog lights, instrument pods on dash, floor mats, panoramic roof
- Factory multi-disc MP3 stereo with subwoofer and aux input
- Rally Red MIC panels (from the 2009- years, not the 2008 orange red)
- Beige interior (in very good condition)
- Two working factory key fobs

Modifications:
- Area 451 Cruise Control (with jumper to disconnect and original packaging)
- Smart Madness silicone intake hose (easy to get to the air filter!)
- BMS engine mount (and the stock unit if you'd like to switch back)
- Upgraded JVC door speakers with factory grilles
- Matching 15x6 Rial aftermarket wheels front and rear
- Kumho Ecsta 4X 185/55 all season tires with about 15K miles on them on the front and rear (better ride and handling and looks than stock)
- Cargo organizer for the cargo area
- Battery powered rear cargo light installed
- Windup key on the rear hatch (free spinning type)

Maintenance:
- All service/maintenance paperwork and original window sticker
- Transmission software was upgraded in the original 2.0 campaign and one later time at my request (but no transmission issues to report)
- Platinum spark plugs installed around 60K
- Relatively new battery (couple years old now)
- New Bosch wiper blades
- Mobil1 oil filters and Mobil1 synthetic oil was the only oil ever used at about 5-6K intervals
- RedLine synthetic gear oil was put in the transmission at 50K miles
- The clutch actuator was cleaned and lubed around 50K miles using the instructions here on SCoA
- Just passed state inspection in August

There are a few photos attached below and I can provide more of any angle as requested. It is in very good condition for its age and mileage and I've tried to take very good care of it. I have a 44.0 MPG lifetime average tracked on Fuelly (last 3 tanks were 48.1, 48.8, 44.6).

The car is located in central West Virginia, but I would be willing to meet within a reasonable distance.

I am asking $5,900 (no trades). If interested, let me know if you have any questions or want any specific pictures of any parts of the car.

Attachments

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW Bob,

Never thought I'd see you sell !!! I understand life changes, I wish you the best. Don't be a stranger here......always liked your posts :D

Best of luck. SHOULD sell fast :)
Don't worry Chief, I'll still be around creating whatever trouble I can stir up. :) It's been a fun ride for the past six years, but as they say, the only constant is change. I've owned the smart longer than any other vehicle, put more miles on it than any other vehicle, and been more places in it than any vehicle I've ever owned, so it will always have a special place.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump... And, remember $5,900 is what I'm asking considering the options installed, but feel free to make an offer. I really would like to be down to two vehicles before winter sets in.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'm shocked... I can't believe you are selling the smart!
That being said, I have already forwarded your post.
Man... This is weird...you selling... weird

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.