Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just wondering if a 2008 passion steering wheel with shift pddles can fits on my 2011 pure version? I am thinking getting a 2008 steering wheel from ebay so to upgeade my pure.

thx

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
I believe to activate the paddles you will need to have the SAM updated, not positive for the European version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe to activate the paddles you will need to have the SAM updated, not positive for the European version.
yeah, ive talked to my local dealership, they agreed that if paddle shift from 2008 model can be activated, they will do it for me. but the problem is can it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
It can be done, but the dealership will need a Transaction Authorization Number (TAN) to activate the paddles. I tried to get it done on my Pure, and let the dealership know ahead of time since I was going to be there for the heat blanket recall. My car was at the dealership for roughly 6 hrs, and the activation was never started. You may have better luck with your local dealership, if they'll even touch smarts anymore. An alternative solution is finding someone with a clone STAR system who can possibly generate a TAN for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts