Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pre-listing here my 2009 SMART Brabus Cabrio in bright silver. Just turned over 30K miles, no issues. Fun and fast. This is a true Brabus with speedo cluster and gauge pods are Brabus labeled and speedo cluster is in km showing 0-200k/ph. I have original speedo cluster as well. As most of you know, this edition came pretty much loaded with heated leather seats, OEM security system, fog lamps, rain sensor wipers, heated mirrors, Bilstein gas shocks, 15" front and 17" rear Brabus rims, Yokohama tires with less than 8K miles, all high speed balanced. In addition front rotors and brakes are upgraded EBC brand, Stebel Air Horn, Mobil 1 synthetic oil always. Non smoker always.

*Speed Force Racing Stage II Turbo w/ upgraded stainless down pipes and twin tip Magnaflow exhaust, boost adjust module. Really kicks in nicely 2nd and 3rd gear when you want to pass or blow the doors off someone unexpectedly. ( Over $4K upgrade )
*Adaptiv Laser Jammer system, well concealed and works extremely well. Note LED pod in middle of speedo.
*Cobra Radar system integrated with GPS and remote visual module. Hardly need it with the laser jammer.
*Kenwood DNX9140 stereo system, CD, DVD, XM Radio module, GPS, Bluetooth, rear camera, SmartPhone & iPod integration,Touch Screen, separate non OEM powered powered amp and sub, 2 Focal mid range door speakers w/crossovers and 2 Focal tweeters. Will shake surrounding cars with ease.
*Brabus speedo and gauges are not normally found stateside. Price them outside USA, not cheap.
*Stiebel Air Horn, very loud and will get your attention.
*Including extra body panels in silver, Brabus labeled fuel door and a variety of new or unused parts.
*Several subtile upgrades of accent additions, look harder if you know the difference from stock.

This car has never been in an accident but it has small nicks and scuffs from normal wear and tear, being bumped by others. Front lower spoiler has some scuffs as well from parking curbs but nothing is badly damaged or broken off this car. Interior is well kept and clean, all weather OEM rubber floor mats, non smoker.

Reason for selling. Looking to move over to an all EV car and it''s not an easy switch but I've had my fun with this great car with many miles of fun remaining. Pickup or ship. $11,500. Given the upgrades and cost of labor for these upgrades, I would point out that if you are looking for a 451 Brabus, you will not find many upgraded ones with only 30K miles /[email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,762 Posts
Edmunds is not even close but add some very desirable upgrades . . .

*Speed Force Racing Stage II Turbo w/ upgraded stainless down pipes and twin tip Magnaflow exhaust, boost adjust module. Really kicks in nicely 2nd and 3rd gear when you want to pass or blow the doors off someone unexpectedly. ( Over $4K upgrade )
*Adaptiv Laser Jammer system, well concealed and works extremely well. ( $500 cost not including labor, professionally installed )
*Cobra Radar system integrated with GPS and remote visual module. Hardly need it with the laser jammer.
*Upgraded Kenwood DNX9140 stereo system, CD, DVD, XM Radio module, GPS, Bluetooth, rear camera, SmartPhone & iPod integration,Touch Screen, separate non OEM powered powered amp and sub, 2 Focal mid range door speakers w/crossovers and 2 Focal tweeters. Will shake surrounding cars with ease.
*Brabus speedo and gauges are not normally found stateside. Price them outside USA, not cheap.
*Stiebel Air Horn, very loud and will get someones attention.
*Including extra body panels in silver, Brabus labeled fuel door and a variety of new or unused parts.
*Several subtile upgrades of accent additions, look harder if you know the difference from stock

and $11,900 is a very attractive asking price for a most unique TURBO Brabus cabrio . . . :burnout:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Edmunds is not even close but add some very desirable upgrades . . .

*Adaptiv Laser Jammer system, well concealed and works extremely well. ( $500 cost not including labor, professionally installed )
*Upgraded Kenwood DNX9140 stereo system, CD, DVD, XM Radio module, GPS, Bluetooth, rear camera, SmartPhone & iPod integration,Touch Screen, separate non OEM powered powered amp and sub, 2 Focal mid range door speakers w/crossovers and 2 Focal tweeters. Will shake surrounding cars with ease.
*Stiebel Air Horn, very loud and will get someones attention.
*Several subtile upgrades of accent additions, look harder if you know the difference from stock

and $11,900 is a very attractive asking price for a most unique TURBO Brabus cabrio . . . :burnout:
Anyone that mods any vehicle. You will never get back what you got into the car. Thats the fact. Might as well buy a brand new smart car, with a full warranty.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
The thing here is "there is a buyer for everything, you just need to find him/her (or I guess today it)". I understand what smark is saying and agree to a degree. I just wonder what Mister_smart_LA would give the op as a trade in value at his dealership?

That said I would love to own it!!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Nice!

I'd probably replace the air filter, because it looks like it is slowly imploding.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get it to pass a smog check around here, (I don't know the right people...)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Is smark's only purpose here to troll the original seller?

The mods on that Brabus cabriolet are worth SOMETHING, regardless of the static opinions of Edmunds of KBB.
You are correct. Other forums I am on refer to this as thread crapping.
Totally NOT ALLOWED on the marketplace forum. As a matter of fact here is a sticky that heads the marketplace classifieds in other forums I'm on.

I think this should be adopted here.
Special Guidelines for the Classifieds forum use.
Finally this is a place for sellers and buyers to come together - it is not a place for third parties to query the stated selling price or otherwise rubbish the article for sale. Any posts not directly connected to the buying and selling between interested parties will be deleted.

As adults, I don't believe we need a Price Monitor for our ads.
Anyone agree?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Everyone says that you can not add value to a car that has had modifications. You have to look at this a few different ways. Did they paint the rims Orange and wrap it with green shag carpet? This could add value to someone looking for just that kind of thing but for me no, it would drop value. Take a truck, lift it, rims and tires, did they add value? KBB gives a basic, here is what the vehicle is worth averaged across the board. I sold my Ranger for over what KBB said it was worth because to the gentleman that wanted it, it was worth the value (NOT MODDED). The only time you will have real problems purchasing a vehicle with mods is when you go visit the bank asking them for money. HI bank, I want to get a $12k loan for a car. They look at the car and say the car is only worth 6$k and we can not give you a loan for the vehicle. You can always pay cash or pay the amount down to where the bank will approve the loan. To me the Turbo adds value yes, but to my bank no. Nice car and good luck on your sale. There is someone out there looking for that car. I am but I'm not in a position to do so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thank those that are responding positively here first off. Regardless... this car turns heads and ears wherever I go. It's a total blast to drive and paddle shift ( the only way to drive it IMO ) For the lucky one that does end up buying it, you will receive years of collected silver panels and many extra goodies. I might even thrown in a complete set of Schmidt Space Line rims and wheels for when you might want to change up the look. So whatever ANYONE else is saying about this car and it's value, I will say that your going to have fun with both the car and what's in it if you buy it.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Would agree amosd70 about the turbo, not many have the skill or a local shop that could do a proper installation so having all the headaches taken care of is a huge bonus. Just too bad our Canadian dollar has tanked and bringing a car across the border can be a challenge sometimes otherwise.... ;^)

The added bonus is that being down in Atlanta it probably never got the salt bath our vehicles get up here which can kill them a lot quicker.

Hmm come to think of it my brother in law is working in Atlanta right now.... if only the loonie was doing better I think it's well worth the asking price given condition and upgrades.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts