Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling the wheels from my 2009 Brabus. 15 inch fronts, 17 inch rears. They will come just as I took them off the car, complete with TPMS and the tires still on the rims.

The front tires still have plenty of life left and the rims are in VERY good condition.

The rear tires need replaced. The passenger rear tire got cut, and I used that as my opportunity to replace the wheels and tires, which I had been planning to do anyway. The passenger rear wheel has some curb rash from the previous owner on about half the rim.

So to summarize: Full set of Brabus wheels with TPMS and good front tires for sale. All wheels will come with TPMS and tires on them. Back tires need replaced, rear passenger tire is cut and will NOT hold air. You get them as I took them off, although they will be cleaned before they are shipped.

I will sell them for $750 plus shipping from central Illinois, or you can pick them up here. I'll try to get pics of them tomorrow, but with the weather and ridiculous temps here, I can't promise it will be tomorrow. Lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm interested to see the curb rash on the rear wheels. I too have an 09 Brabus and I've been thinking about putting the 17s all around. Any chance of just selling the 17s?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd really like to sell the whole package. I don't want to end up sitting on a pair of rims forever. If that works for you let me know. As far as pics, I'm hoping to have pics of that wheel in the next day or two. It's rashed on about half the lip on that one wheel. All the others look good.

·
Registered
195 Posts
that's funny, I have an 09 brabus, just put brand new hankooks on today, and my passenger rear tire has warped (not enough right now to replace), but will be a future problem I assume. Ive thought about going all monoblock 15's around.......but I don't have the funds right now to do that. OnceWasPerfect could get your rear, my rear, and I could keep the fronts and run them on the rear....hmmm.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I can get pics on here tomorrow then maybe we can figure out a two way deal. I'd prefer to sell as a package, but If I can ABSOLUTELY lock up a buyer for each pair I'll do it that way. However, if someone steps in before that and wants the whole set, I'm going that route.

I'll go see how the lighting is in the garage. Might even be able to get pics up tonight. Finally got the driveway cleared from the 5 inches of snow we got today... the constant barrage of snow has hampered everything. And the extreme cold broke a spring on the garage door, which also got fixed tonight. So pics have been at the bottom of the list. lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This is a picture of the curb marks on the passenger rear wheel

Here is a pic of the set. They haven't been cleaned yet, and the only one with any curb marks on it is the one in the above picture, the one showing on the right below.

Please keep in mind: This car has been driven in the midwest for the last 5 years on our wonderful roads. As I have stated before, these are not perfect showroom wheels. The front wheels are in very good condition, tire tread is still good. The Brabus rears are known for being a little soft and don't care for large bumps and potholes. I replaced them when I took a pothole and cut the inner wall of the tire. All tires were holding pressure before that, and the other 3 still are. To the best of my knowledge, the cut tire is the only reason that the rear passenger tire no longer holds air. But both rear tires needed replaced soon due to diminishing tread anyway. Buyer gets them just as you see them(but I will clean them first). All four wheels complete with tires(one won't hold air due to cut sidewall) and functioning TPMS.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If the Kia is yours too then its funny cause my girlfriend also drives a Kia Soul. Its a nice 60 degrees for me today btw.

I understand you not wanting to split them up but if Bosgarage57 wants to commit to the 15s I'm definitely interested in the 17s. And if you find someone who will take them all I don't blame you a bit for selling them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that's hers. I had one, too, and traded it in on the brabus. Lol.

As long as i have a guaranteed buyer for each pair, I'm OK with doing it that way. I just want to make sure i know they are all leaving before I split them up. I'll have to figure out the shipping cost to the buyer and can either take PayPal to my girlfriend's account or money order by mail. In the event that we split them into pairs, I'm thinking 325 for the fronts and 425 for the rears, plus shipping for each buyer on their pair.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A full set of takeoff wheels and tires with TPMS through smart madness would be $2275 bucks plus shipping. My set has a bad tire and a scuffed wheel. I feel my $1500 discount for that is pretty fair, lol. I tried to keep the cost low to sell the whole set quickly. Worst case I'm going to list the fronts and rears separately with prices reflective of their condition, if I can't move the whole set at once:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm still interested in the 17s if you can get anybody else to commit to the 15s. Any idea what shipping would be, ballpark to Florida?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ups ground to Florida would be about $100.00, according to their website. That's figuring one shipment of 2 boxes(I put in approximate sizes and weight) from here to Orlando.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.