Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had the Smart for a few years now. It used to be my commuter car for work. I had a BMW 135i Stage 3 Dinan for my fun car / weekend car.

Long story short, I had a buyer for the Smart and ended up totaling my BMW. So now I’m keeping the smart for a while. I recently put a BMC drop in filter in the smart. A Madness Go-Pedal. I’m in the process of installing the Madness lowering springs. I have the rears on and it already handles so much better. I just need to source the strut clamp for the front struts.

I highly recommend the go pedal. Shifts are smoother and faster. The filter adds a grunt and sounds very good.

Anyway I figured I’d post here since the smart is my only vehicle and these forums are always very informative.

Pics:

I traded the Jeep in on my BMW. Bmw is gone so now it’s just me and the Smart haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from Florida!! I have had my '09 Brabus coupe nine years this month.

That’s a long time! I’ll have had mine for 2 years July 1st. 12 thousand miles with it so far

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Welcome from Illinois!!! I love your Brabus!! The black license plate is a perfect touch.

We're all a little crazy here. I have four smarts with the one I've owned the longest being a 2012. You're going to have some fun here!

Reactions: dubcc

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Illinois!!! I love your Brabus!! The black license plate is a perfect touch.

We're all a little crazy here. I have four smarts with the one I've owned the longest being a 2012. You're going to have some fun here!

Four smarts! You are crazy haha :). Do you have any cool / super modded smarts?

Thanks, I love the black plate

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Four smarts! You are crazy haha :). Do you have any cool / super modded smarts?

Thanks, I love the black plate

Maybe? :) Two of mine are the very rare first generation imports; one 2005 coupe and one 2005 cabrio.

My daily is a 2012 that is part-way through an off-road conversion. It also tows trailers.

And I also have a 2016 Edition #1 that's basically a garage queen. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe? :) Two of mine are the very rare first generation imports; one 2005 coupe and one 2005 cabrio.

My daily is a 2012 that is part-way through an off-road conversion. It also tows trailers.

And I also have a 2016 Edition [URL=http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] that's basically a garage queen. :D

Edition #1 ?! That must have been hard to get your hands on! Is it electric?

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
I got it from smart center West Covina in California! Surprisingly, it wasn't even close to the last new edition #1 for sale. Not many people went after them because they commanded a pretty steep-ish price. It's actually a turbo petrol model. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Turbo!! That is awesome. How much power? I really want more power out of my smart. I might turbo it eventually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts