Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my roof. I opened it up for the first time this year and when I shut it a clip jumped the track and jammed it open. We got it closed now, (with lots of work). Anyone have ideas on how to fix it? The guy that got it closed thinks the strap that goes across the roof is twisted and we've ordered the piece. but not sure how to install it. Help please!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a problem with my roof. I opened it up for the first time this year and when I shut it a clip jumped the track and jammed it open. We got it closed now, (with lots of work). Anyone have ideas on how to fix it? The guy that got it closed thinks the strap that goes across the roof is twisted and we've ordered the piece. but not sure how to install it. Help please!
Don't know if you've been able to figure it out yet but the process is not fun. I'm having trouble with my Brabus roof because both front catches snapped and the track on my roof is off as a result. First, I'd check the tracks to make sure they're all in line and good to go. Then you'll need to remove the third light panels and the many other screws to take off the entire top part of the roof to remove the clip and restring the roof before you put it back on. I'll link two videos so you can see the procedure... the videos have skippy sound due to copy right but they're really good in their explanations. Good luck, if there's anything else needed I'll try to help.

Replacing the sliders/catches -
Adjusting the track placement -

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know if you've been able to figure it out yet but the process is not fun. I'm having trouble with my Brabus roof because both front catches snapped and the track on my roof is off as a result. First, I'd check the tracks to make sure they're all in line and good to go. Then you'll need to remove the third light panels and the many other screws to take off the entire top part of the roof to remove the clip and restring the roof before you put it back on. I'll link two videos so you can see the procedure... the videos have skippy sound due to copy right but they're really good in their explanations. Good luck, if there's anything else needed I'll try to help.

Replacing the sliders/catches -
Adjusting the track placement -
Thank you! Pretty much explains it all. I'll give it a try...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you! Pretty much explains it all. I'll give it a try...
I was working with mine last night and my problem is the tracks in the removable pillars have separated from the rail itself. I’m not sure how to fix this problem yet but I just wanted to let you know so you can check that too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was working with mine last night and my problem is the tracks in the removable pillars have separated from the rail itself. I’m not sure how to fix this problem yet but I just wanted to let you know so you can check that too.
Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts