Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This event will take place the 14-16 of November, 2009, with accomodations at the brand new Holiday Inn Express, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
Details can be found at: smart club méxico
If you are interested in attending and need a translation of the details, let me know and I'll go to work on it.
Driving time from the Texas border at Laredo or McAllen is about 12 hours to Guadalajara. If you want to break the trip, I can suggest places to stop, including hotels, etc.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos are now coming in from the participants. They include a hot looking yellow roadster and a trip from Guadalajara to nearby Tequila for lunch and a distillery tour.
Photos can be found here:
smart club méxico

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
It is too early to know yet. At my age, I don't buy green bananas.
LOL...at MY age, all I do is eat out!:p

Tried accessing the pics from the Mexican smart Nationals. Didn't have any luck so far. I even registered on their forum (as Grande Panda, of course) but couldn't post or get into any of the threads...yet. I'm hoping it's just a matter of waiting a few minutes/hours/days, etc. :(

We'll see.....I would love to check them out, especially pics of the ROADSTERS! :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strange! I just clicked on the link in post #2 and it worked just fine. Keep trying.
Actually, we don't buy any bananas; they grow in our back yard, along with papaya, mango, guava, tangerine, lemon, lime, hass avacado, blackberry and grapefruit. Life is good.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Strange! I just clicked on the link in post #2 and it worked just fine. Keep trying.

Sorry, just tried it again and it takes me to the login page. I think that since you were a member when you posted that link, it will take YOU directly to the pics, but not anyone else. Just a guess........:(

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
OK, after I logon, it takes me to a post that has pics attached. When I select a pic to view, I get this:

Grande Panda, no tienes permiso para entrar en esta página. Esto puede deberse a alguna de estas razones:

1. No tienes los suficientes permisos para ver esta página, esto puede suceder si intentas editar el post de alguien más o entrar a las opciones administrativas.
  2. Si estás intentando poner un post el administrador puede haber desactivado tu cuenta.
  3. Si te acabas de registrar tu cuenta puede no estar activada todavía.
Care to translate, por favor? :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Translation:
Big Panda, you don't have sufficient permission to enter this page. That could be for some of these reasons:
1. You don't have sufficient permissions to see this page, this can happen if you try to edit the post of someone else or enter administrative options.
2. If you are trying to make a post, the administrator can have deactivated your account.
3. If you have just registered your account, it could be that it has not yet been activated.

I suspect #3, but why do you have to 'select a pic to view'? Don't they show in the posts?

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
..the translation from the website of the Mexican club had a little note that rvgringo seems to have missed for you Bigpanda...it says...WE DONT ALLOW YOUR KIND HERE...GO AWAY....

combustible de jet....

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
I suspect #3, but why do you have to 'select a pic to view'? Don't they show in the posts?
Thanks....can't view the pics until my account has been activated, so I suspect #3 may be to blame for that as well.:(

UNLESS they detected that I had hacked into their site and attempted to change everyones avatar to a pic of Jetfuel! :eek:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just sent a message to the administrator, YoGT, to come to your rescue. He is fluent in English, if you need to communicate with him for assistance.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
drive...un poco Panda...c'mon BP..quit using translate .com...
...little Panda = Panda chiquito...or...Panda pequeÑo...
...un poco Panda= less than a Panda....

jetfuel....well are you?

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
drive...un poco Panda...c'mon BP..quit using translate .com...
...little Panda = Panda chiquito...or...Panda pequeÑo...
...un poco Panda= less than a Panda....

jetfuel....well are you?
For your information, I was going to go with Panda Pequeno, but since Lil Panda is neutered, I felt like Un Poco Panda (less than a Panda) was more appropriate. Just don't tell Lil Panda I said that! :p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got the following message from the administrator of the Smart Car Mexico club:

"Please tell your friends Donald and Kevin that they´re members of SCM now!"

So, you should be able to view the pictures of the Guadalajara Meet and also practice your reading skills in Spanish.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
For those of you with no access to the mexican forum or no reading skills in Spanish, here are a few pictures courtesy of Pichulino:

Nice Roadster:

Rare Numeric Blue:

Group shot:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts