Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Runs good under load but the has these problems. I'm going to swing by an O'Riely Auto Parts and see if they can pull a code. Can anyone in the Pensacola Fl area recommend a shop if I can't figure it out ? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,234 Posts
try popping it into manualllll and see if it is skipping gears... My 2009 did this and it was connector filled with water. I dried it out and put silicone grease in there. Never did again after I spent 2 days figuring it out. code was something about turbo input shaft error...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try popping it into manualllll and see if it is skipping gears... My 2009 did this and it was connector filled with water. I dried it out and put silicone grease in there. Never did again after I spent 2 days figuring it out. code was something about turbo input shaft error...
Thanks for the reply. I just came in from fixing it. I used a code scanner it showed two codes and both pointed to a vacuum leak. I found the air intake box was cracked in the ''ribbed'' area. Taped it up for now and after looking around online I have found it is very common.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Patch the airbox with some serious epoxy (to make sure that it's not leaking...), and see if that cures the issue. (I bet that it will!)
Simply put: you're running lean...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts