Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.
i think i may have a problem.

when i press the window up & window down buttons, my car makes this weird noise. the noise originates on the drivers side & sometimes the drivers floor board vibrates. it sounds like my car is flatulating.

this sound is also present when i accelerate, shift gears, brake & turn the car off. the day that i drove two hours to the dealership to give them a listen, the car didn't make a sound, at all. not sure if this matters, but the mileage is currently: 8,500

does anyone have an idea what this may be?

Smart ForTwo Passion [Weird Noise] - YouTube

Smart ForTwo Passion [Weird Noise 2] - YouTube

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings All,

I apologize for resurrecting and old thread but I was wondering if this noise issue was ever resolved? I am now having the exact same issue. The noise was first noticed when I turned on the AC. I assumed it was an airflow issue. I then noticed that the noise occurred when I raised or lowered the windows and when I turned on the headlights (which seems to point to something electrical). I hear the same "flatulating" noise and feel the vibration on the drivers side floor.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Greetings All,

I apologize for resurrecting and old thread but I was wondering if this noise issue was ever resolved? I am now having the exact same issue. The noise was first noticed when I turned on the AC. I assumed it was an airflow issue. I then noticed that the noise occurred when I raised or lowered the windows and when I turned on the headlights (which seems to point to something electrical). I hear the same "flatulating" noise and feel the vibration on the drivers side floor.
Any suggestions?
Jeffc. Yes it was.
I sent you a PM
Check out my post #18 in the below thread. It is the problem

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f4/what-computers-under-drivers-seat-flood-car-update-54538/index2.html

·
Registered
808 Posts
Jeffc it was nice talking to you on the phone today. Thank you for calling.

Did unplugging the subwoofer stop the noise from under the drivers seat ?

Now you also know of the s-hook to hold up the rear engine area carpet.

Take Care

JL

·
Registered
2 Posts
WooHoo!!!!
Jo e Lefors SAVES THE DAY! No more farting Smart! Unplugging the sub-woofer stopped the noise. We RARELY listen to the radio anyway.
Thank you for taking the time to chat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts