Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smart car lost it's belt and overheated, warped the head. I'm offering the car here first before calling a wrecker. This includes the car and parts, plus 4 mounted Blizzaks with TPMS on aluminum rims and as a bonus an extra complete engine in boxes (piston ring issue on #3 ) , complete with full engine wiring harness and extra COPs. Car does not run or start. bring a trailer! about 50k original owner miles. Car is located in the 19027 zipcode. I'm not interested in selling individual parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
As of this morning the wife has givin this a thumbs up , I have to fiind an appropriate size trailer to fit the car and extra stuff , my current trailer isn’t the proper size for the duty . Give me a week please .

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
SOOO glad that didn't happen to my '16 Prime. Something got caught up on the one pulley between it and the belt and just tore the main belt a new one. When I took it to the dealer to have them check it out because i was hearing a weird "flapping" noise that went away the day before i took the car down, they found that basically half the belt was just GONE.

·
17,356 Posts
SOOO glad that didn't happen to my '16 Prime. Something got caught up on the one pulley between it and the belt and just tore the main belt a new one. When I took it to the dealer to have them check it out because i was hearing a weird "flapping" noise that went away the day before i took the car down, they found that basically half the belt was just GONE.
My 451 full on destroyed its belt in the parking lot of my apartment a few years ago. Thankfully there was an auto shop a mile away and it made the journey without breaking a sweat. Pulled into the lot with the coolant temp at 170 degrees. That was a whole lotta nope! :eek:

Shame this car is so far away, otherwise I'd hitch up a car carrier to my Ranger and be out there stat!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Well it’s coming together on borrowing a trailer to do haul duties ..I’ll PM you once I can confirm a day

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
My 451 full on destroyed its belt in the parking lot of my apartment a few years ago. Thankfully there was an auto shop a mile away and it made the journey without breaking a sweat. Pulled into the lot with the coolant temp at 170 degrees. That was a whole lotta nope! :eek:

Shame this car is so far away, otherwise I'd hitch up a car carrier to my Ranger and be out there stat!
Yea... pretty sure i'd call this basically "destroyed". lol. Dealership told me that i was lucky to make it to them (seeing as it's about a 70 mile drive to my dealer).

Attachments

·
I'll figger this car out
211 Posts
I bought this car from gurps and sent him a check.

His mailbox is full, so he doesn't answer messages.

Just thought I would stave off disappointment.

Anyone got leads on smart fortwo engines from 32008-2014?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.