Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to go to smog check for renewal.
Now I have check engine light on and scanner said P2271 and P0140.
so It is O2 sendor B1S2.
How's replacing O2 sendor DIY?
Where to Buy?
Where is sensor located?

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
Sensor on the converter is easer to get to:

Takes a 22mm wrench.

Upstream sensor is not so easy:

1 Rear apron
2 Screw
3 Retaining rubber
4 Rear muffler
5 Removal assembly
6 Transmission jack
7 Bracket
8 Catalytic converter
G3/2 O2 sensor upstream TWC
G3/2x1 Connector for O2 sensor upstream of TWC
:)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
This is how people get themselves into trouble. Pay attention to the code description. What does the description say, specifically? Does it refer to the upstream air/fuel sensor or the downstream lambda sensor? Do you know hot to tell the difference?

The two sensors are not the same. Using a non-OE sensor can break you heart and your wallet because you will be buying the part more than once when you find out the aftermarket part does not work correctly.

Everybody seems to think they can repair their own car with no prior knowledge, information or experience. Do the research beforehand to save yourself some grief. Find out how things work before they are broken. It is hard to learn on a broken car.

End rant. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is how people get themselves into trouble. Pay attention to the code description. What does the description say, specifically? Does it refer to the upstream air/fuel sensor or the downstream lambda sensor? Do you know hot to tell the difference?

The two sensors are not the same. Using a non-OE sensor can break you heart and your wallet because you will be buying the part more than once when you find out the aftermarket part does not work correctly.

Everybody seems to think they can repair their own car with no prior knowledge, information or experience. Do the research beforehand to save yourself some grief. Find out how things work before they are broken. It is hard to learn on a broken car.

End rant. :)
Thanks,
I want to make it clear.
In smart car, there is 2 sensor,
one is upstream bank1 S1 (as pictured, no so easy)
and other is downstream bank1 S2 (in converter).
below is part for B1S2?
You suggest that I should get original part from dealer?

Rear
P/N 0045420718 $140.00

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thanks,
I want to make it clear.
In smart car, there is 2 sensor,
one is upstream bank1 S1 (as pictured, no so easy)
and other is downstream bank1 S2 (in converter).
below is part for B1S2?
You suggest that I should get original part from dealer?

Rear
P/N 0045420718 $140.00
Bank 1 sensor 2 is the downstream sensor in the catalytic converter.

If it were my car and further testing confirmed the need for a replacement sensor, I would get it from a dealer, either locally or on-line. What you do is your choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts