Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this 2009 Smart off of a lady who needed to get back home so I paid her 200.00 more than she asked. Now I am trying to fix it up.
New windshield, new air filter for engine, oil change with new oil filter tomorrow. Needs a paint job, some minor parts ordered, but I have a broken wire for my driver side door. The only part I could find (other than the handle replacement) is Mercedes-Benz OEM W451 Smart Car Fortwo Right Side Door Lock Assembly 4517200635. but not sure if its the right one. Can anyone confirm this? Seems crazy that I cant just buy the cable by itself. I need the cable for the handle, the lock cable is fine.
Also:
I found out it has a recall for my vin number for the engine heat shield (fabric). Now I have to drive 2 hours to another city to do a 3 hour recall repair.

·
Registered
103 Posts
sorry to hear your problems. I learned that long ago the auto recycler can be your best friend. On Sundays I take the wife out to breakfast then we go to the recyclers. I remove parts and she barters for them. So far power mirrors for $10, side skirts for $20, headlights for $60 for pair etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry to hear your problems. I learned that long ago the auto recycler can be your best friend. On Sundays I take the wife out to breakfast then we go to the recyclers. I remove parts and she barters for them. So far power mirrors for $10, side skirts for $20, headlights for $60 for pair etc.
I finally found a cable for the door YAY!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts