Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Actually, I think you'll do better with any browser if you just change your skin to the SCoriginal. The new one appears to have been designed for hand held devices with tiny screens. Lord knows WHY it is the default skin, that's madness.

But, in any case, the file has to have a URL. The SCoA Gallery, or any photo hosting service can serve that purpose.
i happen to be a retard, never had a "smart phone", though i look at the iphone 5 now and then, don't know what i'd do with it, to me, a phone is a phone, my current cell doesn't even have a camera (nokia 106, i think). 23 years ago i was "bleeding edge", math co-processors for 386sx boxes, i'm leaning towards luddite now :)

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I hear you. Although I'm far from Luddite (love technology), never owned a cell phone, not even a dumb one, until I bought one for my trip to the Nationals in the Summer of 2013. It's totally dumb, although it does have a (never used) camera. When I returned home, I threw it in the desk drawer ... the minutes expired and there it sits. My total cell phone experience.

It's not being a Luddite. It's being a refusnik.

I would like to own a tablet. But, money is tight and I have no need to justify the purchase.

·
Banned
845 Posts
actually, i've been in several tech fields for over 20 years, currently i make huge sapphire crystals for the USAF under a DOD contract, i run a million dollar furnace, which is 95% angry birds and radio podcast downloads (the power supply, 400+KWH kills all AM/FM radio signals) i'm a talk radio junkie.

we start a new crystal in 8 hours, so i might try to sleep for 3-4. thanks for the help! :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
...you may need to belong...

I tired many times to post pics of the car and was denied every time...until I paid mt subscription fee. Seems there is some quota that I exceeded for my free membership, and as soon as I paid my $15, I could drag and drop or click on the little paper clip and all is well.

·
Super Moderator
11,231 Posts
Another option is to use one of the many free photo hosting sites like Photobucket.com. (I use that one) and it is much easier to upload pictures there, they get resized to work anywhere, and copy and paste them on here. Saves a lot of aggravation and you don't have to worry about file size or file types.

·
Banned
845 Posts
I would like to own a tablet. But, money is tight and I have no need to justify the purchase.
they are fun, can almost be useful (GPS and other do-dads in some), but as a necessity, they don't rank. when my front suspension went out a few weeks ago, that was $1000 (with the tranny re-flash & towing) that was a normal week trip to Vegas with 100% losing (last few trips i was ahead :D) so my normal birthday in Vegas is out this year (first time in 6 years), i'll go in november, my birthday is just a day in October, i didn't choose it, LOL!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts