Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 fourtwo passion smartcar i changed the thermostat and the water sensor and let the car run for about 40 minutes checked for leaks none found, took car out for a test drive was going good then i heard fluid spewing out got home took off alternator and the pipe behind the waterpump blew the outlet out and water and antifreeze everywhere. Please help iam at wits end

·
Registered
221 Posts
Did you burp it after replacing the thermostat?
I have a 2010 fourtwo passion smartcar i changed the thermostat and the water sensor and let the car run for about 40 minutes checked for leaks none found, took car out for a test drive was going good then i heard fluid spewing out got home took off alternator and the pipe behind the waterpump blew the outlet out and water and antifreeze everywhere. Please help iam at wits end

·
Registered
224 Posts
51, Igor makes a good point, you may have a trapped air pocket, and that may cause an interruption of the coolant flow, which may have heated up and caused the pipe to give.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Questions I have. How far was the car driven during and after the overheat was discovered? Is the engine now toast? These little engines don't take well to any overheating situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts