Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my 2010 smart fortwo ac compressor is not engaging. The three wires that goes to the pressure switch were pinched and probably grounded to the body of the car after a small fender bender. All the fuses under the dash on the driver side are good. The ac has freon. Is there any other fuses that I missed or what might have shorted out?
And the compressor clutch is fine.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Was the a/c working before the accident damaged the wiring? The a/c pressure switch is wired directly to the hvac control unit in the dash. The power for the control unit comes from fuse 20. Beyond that the quickest way to deterime what is happening is to have somebody scan the hvac system for codes and live data. Also, having refrigerant is not the same as having enough refrigerant to turn the system on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I find out the problem ... There is three relays behind the dash between the steering wheel and radio, but one of the relay is missing that have 9 wires that runs to that relay. Where can I find that 9 pin relay ... Or that part number .

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I think I find out the problem ... There is three relays behind the dash between the steering wheel and radio, but one of the relay is missing that have 9 wires that runs to that relay. Where can I find that 9 pin relay ... Or that part number .
Where do you think the relay went? Do you think it just vanished? Are you going to test anything or answer any questions? Or just ask for wild guesses hoping to stumble across the magic bullet to kill the problem? You said the refrigerant, fuses and the compressor clutch are good. How did you determine that?

There are 2 relays under there for the hvac blower motor and 1 for heated seats. If you do not have heated seats you will not have the relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts