Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 smart Passion fortwo caballero
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help 2010 smart Passion caballero won't turn over. Everything comes on but wont turn over to start. I drive every day until 3 months ago. What can I do ??? I'm a single broke mom but I can do anything if I just had a direction to go on ???

·
Registered
700 Posts
Check the large diameter cable going to the starter and the lug that connects it to the starter. If it’s corroded, it may not be able to carry the 100+ amps needed to crank the starter motor.

Do you see a “key” on the speedo display? If yes, the car doesn’t see the transponder key and won’t crank the engine.

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Did you do a voltage test of the battery. It should be around 12.4 volts. Make sure you battery cables are tight on the battery terminals.

lf all thats fine and okay. You might have a bad starter. Here are some new ones at Rock Auto.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does it crank?
No
Did you do a voltage test of the battery. It should be around 12.4 volts. Make sure you battery cables are tight on the battery terminals.

lf all thats fine and okay. You might have a bad starter. Here are some new ones at Rock Auto.

View attachment 67224

Thank u

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I haven't had chance to even try my car but I think thy Ace in my town may now sale my key I hope

·
Super Moderator
17,721 Posts
I bet your alternator is seized. That has happened to me twice already. When you try to start you'll hear clicks and that's about it.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
…for Pete’s sake…just because a battery shows 12 whatever volts doesn’t mean it has the balls behind it to crank an engine…
…any auto parts store can do a “ load capacity test “ for free…

jetfuel….luk

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Exactly what jetfuel said. 5he battery may have a “surface charge” of 12v but no depth or cranking power behind that 12 volts. A simple and free load test on the battery will tell the story! If that isn’t the problem then you move on to other possibilities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts