Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone verify that for 2010 models will include the option for an armrest and an engine with increased horsepower and torque without increasing fuel consumption?

By when should we start to see the new 2010 models arriving into the dealerships in the US?

·
Registered
85 Posts
An armrest is now available, yes. There is no change in engine/transmission however. The 09's are identical to the 10's

·
Registered
107 Posts
As per the website,
you have choice of an armrest at $80 for 2010.
And a sleu of audio choices furnished by Kenwood and/or smart

otherwise its a copycat of 2009

·
Registered
107 Posts
probably no new engines/trannies until the next refresh (i heard 2012-ish)... at that point its pretty up in the air, but i sure hope they bring over a turbo diesel (or even a gas turbo)....and do something about the tranny (DSG would be a nice choice, or an optional CVT should work well)...but like I said, few things are known about the next refresh....pretty much all speculation at this point.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Does anyone know the Smart Dealer price for the arm rest?
The good aftermarket arm rests that attach to the seat frame are expensive.

·
Banned
5,086 Posts

Honestly, including labor, the prices will vary from center to center. You'll be better off if you contact your own smart center and ask.

Just drop them an email.......:)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I was at one of the dealerships and found out that the 2010 Smarts will be out in january with some to arrive in February. I can hardly wait to see one, even if it is mostly a carryover from the 09 models.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I'd buy a diesel Smart in a heartbeat. I hope that's in the offing soon. I don't have a need for the eSmart unless they can somehow improve the distance bw charges.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts

I don't know the price, but can almost guarantee that the aftermarket ones will be cheap compared to OEM. Take fog lights for example, factory installed: $120, buy at the dealership: $250 + install + $32 for grill inserts.

Anything OEM is going to be expensive at the dealership. A couple of the aftermarket ones are too expensive, but the ones in the $150-200 range are not bad. It's not cheap to build something like that with quality.

·
Administrator
29,525 Posts
I don't know the price, but can almost guarantee that the aftermarket ones will be cheap compared to OEM. Take fog lights for example, factory installed: $120, buy at the dealership: $250 + install + $32 for grill inserts.

Anything OEM is going to be expensive at the dealership. A couple of the aftermarket ones are too expensive, but the ones in the $150-200 range are not bad. It's not cheap to build something like that with quality.
It's on the option list - $80 when you configure a smart. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts