Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought my first Smart last week and I'm loving it. Well, except for the radio. I've been doing a lot of research here on SCOA and I only saw the Smart Madness kit for my 2013 Pure Coupe. After some more digging I found this on the Scosche web site:

Part #ST2431B

Being a newbie I can't post the link but it was easy to find you shouldn't have any trouble.

It looks correct so I ordered it. It's definitely different than the 2008 kit they have. I am not a big fan of the double DIN radios and now it looks like I can use a single DIN with a pocket underneath. When I get everything together I'll post results and pics.

Really glad I found you guys, I've seen lots of great tips already.

Rich

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2013 Fortwo radio wiring

I'm back. It's been 2 weeks but I have it all sorted out now.

First I'd like to thank SCoA member Yappyfox for his explanation of his 2012 cars wiring. The 2013 was a little different than the 2012.

I used the Scosche ST01B wiring harness. I needed to reconfigure the wires in the harness as such:

Open, yellow, orange, black
Open, open, blue, red

After making these changes everything worked perfectly. I used the Scosche ST2431B dash kit. It looks pretty good. The only complaint I have is it seems to be a little low in the dash which leaves a small gap under the tray.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts