Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smart Center Jacksonville FL Smart sales manager emailed me today that Smart will produce NO 2011 Brabus cars. Any other verification of this?
Louis:(

·
Super Moderator
28,291 Posts
Probably true; even though smart USA lists the Brabus as an available model on the website, when you go into "Build and Price" there's no Brabus. Looks like they've already dropped it. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 2009 BRABUS was a limited edition model offered only to 1,700 orginal smart deposit holders that configured in October of 2008. The BRABUS was not intended to be part of the smartUSA line-up beyond 2009 and the orginal 1,700 special editions produced for the U.S market. The BRABUS may show up as a limited and exclusive edition in the future, if the demand is loud enough.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
It would be interesting to know why they are not bringing the pseudo BRABUS to the US anymore.
It WAS a Special edition. 2009 Only. And like it has been noted many times before, the only performance difference was the suspension. The rest was just Bling:(

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
It WAS a Special edition. 2009 Only. And like it has been noted many times before, the only performance difference was the suspension. The rest was just Bling:(
I do not think the first two sentences are accurate. It is still available in Canada and was produced in 2009, 2010 and will be produced in 2011. The true special editions were only available one model year and usually in small batches.

Hopefully this means the US will get something equal but unique in 2011.

643 Posts
Yes, the BRABUS edition is out. We have 1 cabriolet left in inventory, other than that I believe they are all sold out in California.

1 left.

There will be BRABUS wheels available, but nothing in 2011 will feature the BRABUS bodykit, BRABUS sports suspension, or BRABUS exhaust system. Feel free to call us for more information.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Brabus is a German auto tuning company. They tune all sorts of cars. The U.S. edition was limited to production in 2009. There are no plans for smart to send any more for "tuning." Smart will have several limited edition cars coming out next year. For 2010 they had the pure chrome edition and the first for next year is the "light edition". If you have a Brabus then it is becoming a classic and is only 2 model years old. Let the fun continue

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, the BRABUS edition is out. We have 1 cabriolet left in inventory, other than that I believe they are all sold out in California.

1 left.

There will be BRABUS wheels available, but nothing in 2011 will feature the BRABUS bodykit, BRABUS sports suspension, or BRABUS exhaust system. Feel free to call us for more information.
Agreed. Here at smart center Bloomfield, I had 2 USED Brabus and I sold those to clients in NYC and LA. They are tough to find on the pre-owned market.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I do not think the first two sentences are accurate.
As far as the US is concerned, the statement is indeed accurate. The fortwo BRABUS was only produced as a 2009, and only in limited numbers. There is/was no 2010 BRABUS in the US, and the manager of my smart center (one of the largest in the country) has not been informed by smart USA of any plans for a 2011 BRABUS model.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts