Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 687 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official! We will be heading back to the Dells in 2011!! Hopefully we can top our previous attendance which was 120 cars(??)

·
Registered
11,891 Posts

jetfuel...hanging with the kids at the Dells...
Hey Kids, Think we can get grandpa Jet to ride this water slide:D

Scorpion’s Tail” will be just over 400-ft. in length. Riders will climb nearly 80-ft. to the top of the lift tower. They will enter the launch rocket, which is a tube with a floor. On a countdown of “3-2-1”, the bottom drops out of the tube and then gravity, water and centrifugal force take over. The rider whooshes through a 45-degree angled loop-de-loop at speeds of up to 40 mph.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Last year it was the same weekend as the nationals (this year)

I'd guess June 10,11,12 2011. but that may be open to interpretation.

Hopefully we can do a thursday, friday, sat with a wrap up on sunday. but no plans yet.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I sure hope its the same weekend as last time. Weather was good and the Standard summer crowds have not moved in yet.
I hope it is the same weekend,my birthday is on the 15th of June and I love celebrating(?) with a rally!
that's doable (is that a word?). I'll have to watch this one and see who I can bring with me.
Nancy for one?
Let me know if I can help!

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The ferry ride was a lot of fun! it did take awhile with all those cars though. maybe split the drive into 2 groups? One group drives the route forward, the other starts from the other end? Just throwing out ideas here. The park was great too. Maybe some marker signs on the roads for turns and such.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Hmm, Two groups of cars going the same route but in different directions passing each other in the middle.

interesting idea
..yeah...you know...like KC..but this time with directions and everybody knowing where the hell we are headng...

jetfuel...where's my sextant at?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Count me in will bring the wife, we really had alot of fun the last event.
Whats the date need to add this to the calender.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Count us in!!! The park was a perfect saturday afternoon gathering spot. Ferry was good too. I have spoken to lots of folks that went, and so far everyone liked how the events were spaced out- so we had a little free time in between. During the free time, it was great fun driving around the dells and seeing at least one smart on every road and in most parking lots...Next time we will upgrade from the hotel we had last time though (our bad).
Brian

1 - 20 of 687 Posts